Meditation for many years was surrounded by aura of mystery, as a result of which people treated her with distrust. But today the results of scientific studies prove that meditating is a universal psychological practice that has been favorable to the emotional state of a person. MedaboutMe will tell about the reasons for which meditation should be done.
Buddhism and Indian yoga legacy: cleansing meditation
Meditation is an excellent means of healing soul and body. Participate in these practical classes can everyone. Despite the fact that many techniques came from Buddhism, as well as Indian yoga, meditation practices do not depend on this or that religion. If a person lacks spiritual experience, let them drive a simple desire to improve their psychological state.
- Quiet - meditating sits, relaxing, closing his eyes and listens to his breathing.
- Visualization - there is a lot of topics for the achievement of various purposes. Suppose a person seeking to strengthen his health, mentally sees herself healthy and strong.
- Hearing and singing Mantra - meditating listens to mantras or sings them alone, as well as in the company of other meditating. Mantras are a set of peculiar sounds on Sanskrit or the gurumuk language that have a beneficial effect on the psychological state of a person and its energy channels (chakras).
- Meditation with the use of gong - his sounds contribute to deep relaxation and feeling of lightness, and the vibrations created by gong stimulate the activities of the internal secretion glands.
- Meditation with mandala - colorful images, the meditive coloring of which contributes to the best concentration.
Depression, acquiring positive attitude and other reasons for meditation
Why is the meditation need a person? Medadoutme offers a motivation reader who urge to do meditating:
- Acquire a positive mood.
The last decades show that the material level is not always a guarantee of human happiness. This suggests that the real source of happiness exists in the man itself, you just need to find it. This teaches the meditation of cleansing - to listen to their feelings and gain peace of mind, regardless of the impact of the surrounding world.
Depression is a severe mental disorder, in most cases in need of specialized assistance. However, doctors are increasingly recommended by patients with meditation as an additional means of treating this disease. As a result, the psychological health of patients is significantly improved.
- Salvation from a sense of loneliness.
Regular meditation practices help a person to reduce dependence on the impact of external circumstances and find positive moments in his life. Meditating people are much less likely to feel lonely and generally satisfied with their lives.
Many people know how important for memory quality has a dream. During sleep period, sorting received during the day of the day - the necessary remains in memory, and the extra erase. American scientists, observing the state of a person in the process of meditation, found that similar processes proceed in his brain. There are peculiar neural impulses that are characteristic of the fast sleep phase, which indicates a memory work at the subconscious level. It follows from this that meditation of cleansing improves the quality of memory and the ability to process a large amount of information.
- The ability to manage emotions and increase stress resilience.
Many meditation for beginners may seem at first glance an absolutely uninteresting occupation. In fact, this is a complex everyday process of knowledge of his inner world. Classes begins with the control of their own breathing, after that people are trying to manage their thoughts, and in the end, they study full composure. Meditation allows the human brain to plunge into the state of deep peace and relaxation, which gradually becomes the usual state of the meditating person. In addition, meditation helps to increase stress resistance. This technique is considered to be effective to reduce the level of anxiety and the prevention of unreasonable sharp mood jumps.
- Improving emotionality and connections with society.
Meditation cleansing allows you to better perceive the emotional attitude to others, helping this to strengthen relationships with others. Such people have a good relationship with family members and with colleagues at work. This is explained by the fact that in the process of meditation, a person cultivates the most kind and warm feelings, which shared with others.
Meditation is a good technique that contributes to improving performance and concentration of attention.
Meditation for beginners: specialist recommendations
With the seeming lightness and publicly available meditation, it is hardly possible to immediately feel all its positive qualities. Classes do not allow fuss, for this reason will have to be tuned for a long work. Classes to start preferably under the guidance of an experienced mentor. There are several simple recommendations for meditation for beginners:
- You should not wait for all current affairs. Even in the situation of stress, psychologists recommend finding a little time to sit calmly.
- The best time for meditation is an early morning or evening before bedtime. It is undesirable to meditate immediately after meals. You can take a shower before this and just lie down, relaxing, ten minutes.
- Select a place for meditation, where no one can prevent. Turn off the phone, TV, and tune in to classes. Nothing should distract, this time is a gift to meditating himself.
- Create an appropriate atmosphere: spread the rug, light the candle, enable music for meditation.
- Sit in Turkish, straightening your back and relaxing the shoulders. You can sit on a chair, putting a foot on the floor, the back should be straight.
- Hands are relaxed and lying on the knees. Large and index fingers are connected - such a position of hands enhances susceptibility.
- Close your eyes, relaxing the face muscles. Make a slow deep breath and exhale. It is necessary to breathe a diaphragm, after a while it will get easier.
- The key feature of meditation is a detachment, you just need to observe from the side of your thoughts. Gradually, they simply dissolve and disappear their negative impact. Such a suspended existence is favorable on the psychological health of man. When he opens his eyes after meditation, everything around seems to others, unusual. This is a children's feeling of magic, which is filled with the world around. In addition, obsessive thoughts, letting the meditating, do not immediately return back.
- Meditation for beginners at first should last 5 minutes, increasing gradually in time until half an hour. When a person manages to meditate correctly, he gets signals from the subconscious. It may be positive emotions or creative ideas that he can use to improve the quality of his life.
The results of meditation and the psychological state of a person are worth their efforts. Being calm, adequate and gaining a new look at things, a person can achieve higher results in his life.
Today we will talk about meditation again. Surely you have already read our articles "Meditation for beginners" and "Tips for proper meditation", where we told in detail this practice in detail. However, even after reading such articles for many people, some things still remain incomprehensible, new questions appear. In today's article, we want to touch in more detail what to start meditation, as well as to tell about the most common mistakes, myths and misconceptions about it.
Where to start meditation
About what meditation is to tell, perhaps, does not make sense. We only remind you that in general, these are mental exercises aimed at achieving special mental and physical conditions: relaxation, calm, pacification, internal control and equilibrium, awareness, self-confidence. Meditation also refers to spiritual practices that contribute to the search for answers to complex questions, self-knowledge, a deeper understanding of their motives and goals, spiritual growth.
When a person is just starting to master the practice of meditation, he may have the impression that it is very difficult and for this you need almost to develop the rules of life of Tibetan monks. In fact, it is completely wrong. Of course, it is not very simple, but to master the basics and start receiving the first results and improve them quite real for everyone. Consider the process of mastering meditation in stages.
It is best to start with a psychological aspect, and it consists in the fact that the maximum result in any person can achieve only when it is fully aware of what does, seeks to a particular goal and understands how to achieve it. This can be attributed to meditation, but there is one nuance.
In the case of meditation, you should not put any goals, because They are simply not. Meditation is also the goal itself, so everything that needs is here is to simply make a decision, to exchange it, to tell yourself that you have decided to start meditating. But understand why you do it, too. You may have the most different motives - we have already told about them.
Selection of place and time
So the decision is made. Now you need to specify certain criteria for action. And the first thing that is worth thinking, there will be a place for meditation. It must be calm and quiet so that you are not distracted and could focus. In the future, you can choose any places, but you always need to start with a comfortable setting.
As for the time, there are several options here - you can meditate when:
- You have free time during the day;
- You just woke up;
- You are going to go to bed.
In the future, it will be possible to choose more "advanced" meditation options, for example, to meditate before some kind of responsible event, in breaks between the execution of cases, in free "windows" in the work schedule, etc.
But once again say that people experienced in meditations and many spiritual teachers recommend to meditate immediately after waking up, while consciousness is not burdened with everyday worries and has not yet managed to enter the "worker" mode, or before bedtime, when the thoughts about affairs and problems are no longer Worried.
The frequency of classes is the question in the practice of meditation relative. There are no standards and averages, as there is no need to put records. How often will you meditate and what will be the duration of your classes, depends only on you, i.e. The case is purely individual.
But here you can not do without recommendations of knowledgeable people. They say that it is advisable to meditate at first twice a day for 20-30 minutes - in the morning and in the evening. However, this is no rule and no condition.
At the initial stage, it is quite possible to do 5-10 minutes one time per day. This will be enough to begin to understand the meaning and effect of media practice. You can work out at this rate at least 7-10 days, and you yourself will feel the result. After that, you can enable another small meditation session a day, i.e. To meditate for 5-10 minutes for 7-10 days already twice a day. In the future, it is necessary to increase the time of classes - first up to 15, then up to 20, and then up to 25-30 minutes.
In addition, it makes sense and to meditate at the same time. Firstly, your brain will soon be tune in to the desired condition at a specific time. And secondly, you will begin to form and fix the habit of meditate. By the way, it is scientifically established that the habits are formed for 21 days, so try not to miss sessions not under any pretext.
Here we briefly consider purely technical moments that will help even better understand how to learn to meditate. First, the timer can be used for convenience. It is necessary to know that you are meditated at least designated time, and to control the very time of meditation, if, for example, you need to go somewhere. And the timer helps in cases where a person falls asleep in the process of meditation - he wakes up it.
Naturally, you can meditate without a timer, but you should not start it earlier than a month after classes with a timer. Initially, it is better to monitor duration, get used to, analyze, draw conclusions. In addition, the understanding of what you follow the established plan, perfectly motivates and gives the desire to practice on.
You can also add here that it is not forbidden to accompany the meditation to music (especially if there are distracting factors). But it must be a special music for meditation - a calm, peaceful, introducing into a light trance. Such compositions can be found from Enigma, Cell, Karunesh, Hang Massive, as well as many other artists in New Age, Ethno, Relax.
However, without music meditation is perhaps more efficient. Having learned to practice without music, you will learn to truly "turn off" from reality, which in the future will allow you to meditate anywhere. And if you listen to music constantly, you will simply get used to this, meditation will be subconsciously associated with music, and without it it will be much more difficult to focus.
The room in which you meditate should be carried out, the body should not have lack of oxygen. Fresh air helps to relax; Breathing becomes much easier. It also applies to the room temperature: you should not be hot, nor cold, otherwise because of the discomfort from practice there will be no sense. Take care of the lighting - the perfect option when you meditate in the dark, at sunrise or at sunset. Try not to use artificial lighting.
And do not forget that you need to do in comfortable clothing. The best and easy things are best suited, no gone and not constraintful movements. And it is also desirable to prepare a special mat - the usual tourist "foam", a subtle rolled bedspread or something else. And after all the preparations, you can move directly to practice.
Have you prepared and want to start what you need to do next? Now you need to take a comfortable position. The traditional option is the lotus posture (you are sitting on the seeded bones, the legs are folded so that the ankles lie on the hips, the back straight, the chin looks forward and slightly down). But in such a posture to sit down in an unprepared person, it is quite difficult, plus it is not always it will be appropriate.
There are some simpler posts for meditation:
- sit on the heels, bending the legs under themselves;
- sit down in the "semi-speeds" or "in Turkish" (you sit, the legs are bent in the knees and crossed in front of them);
- To sit on the chair, straightening the back, placing the legs exactly at right angles and putting hands on his knees;
- Stand up, straightening your back and freely lowering your arms along the body.
Lying meditate is not recommended, because The likelihood is that you light up, and the task of meditation is usually not at all this. Otherwise, the most important thing in the meditation posture is a stable position and direct back (you can not hurt or, on the contrary, bending the back forward), as well as the position of the head - the macushka should strive up, and the chin - to be slightly lowered down.
We also want to warn that in the process of meditation at first you will most likely feel discomfort in different parts of the body. May begin to hurt the back, take your feet, break the hips, etc. It is very important to remember that it is just sensations, and there is nothing terrible in them, even if they do not stop long, - the body is adapted. It is necessary to continue to quietly meditate and track the pose.
At the thought level, it may seem to seem that you can no longer sit, thoughts will trite you to stop the occupation ahead of time. This is a kind of "checking" of your consciousness. We are not accustomed to concentrate long, keep track of thoughts or control it; We are not used to sitting for a long time in the same position - all this is from the lack of workout. The more often you will be meditated, the weaker this interference will be.
Now about the mediative techniques themselves. In fact, there are surprisingly many of them, their descriptions can be easily found on the Internet or specialized literature. We will consider the most simple technique suitable for any newbie:
- Take a convenient posture;
- close your eyes;
- Make 10 deep breaths and complete exhalations to morally prepare, relax and tune in;
- Continue slowly and naturally breathe;
- Focus on inhales and exhalations;
- When paying attention to extraneous thoughts, immediately return it back to breathing;
- Follow the sensations arising in the body;
- After calling the timer, do 10 deep breaths and complete exhalations.
After the session, you must feel the relaxation of the body and calm the mind, an increase in the state of awareness, a slight exacerbation of the perception of what is happening, the raised mood. It is desirable to try to remain in these states of consciousness as long as possible, but in any case (at least at first) they will quickly pass. Practice will be able to maintain them.
As we said, this is the simplest meditation technique. It will come in handy for mastering the practice. In the future, you can move to more specific - with a concentration on thoughts, the tip of the nose, visual images, alternately at all parts of the body, the real object, mantra, mandalas, etc.
This can be conversation about the basics of meditation, but their understanding is still not enough to master this practice. Next, we will give a few more useful auxiliary recommendations and indicate the main mistakes during meditation. But first let's see a small video:
Additional recommendations for meditation
If meditation for you is nothing more than a way to relax and reassure thoughts a little, you can limit the above. If you want to get more benefit from it and learn to actually influence your consciousness, bring change with meditation to life, read on.
The meditation masters are considered very important to correctly position the hand and fingers in the process of meditation (with legs, back and head, we think everything is clear). For hands and fingers there are special positions - they are called wise. Westers are very different, and each is responsible for a certain aspect of human life. Here are common wise:
- Mudra Knowledge: Hands on the knees, palm up, big and index fingers closed into the ring, the remaining fingers are located free. Promotes the acquisition of wisdom, self-knowledge.
- Mudra Power: Hands on the knees, palm up, in the ring closed big, index and ring fingers, the remaining fingers stretched a little further. Promotes the accumulation of energy, self-confidence, internal force.
- Mudra calm: the hands are pressed by internal ribs to the stomach, palm up, one brush lies on the other, the ends of the thumbs are connected. Promotes relatives to relaxation and achieving a quiet state of mind.
- Muds of life: Hands on the knees, palm up, in the ring closed big, ring fingers and a little finger, the remaining fingers stretched forward. It helps to achieve the energy balance and strengthening the vitality.
You can try each option in turn to understand what kind of wise "Your", but keep in mind that this understanding will not be able to achieve, remembating two or three times. The effect of meditation with a wise can be felt at least in a month or two - when you begin to notice any changes in yourself and your inner state.
Of course, this is not all the recommendations that could be brought. But what is said enough to learn to meditate correctly. If for some reason you cannot meditate effectively, it is likely that you are doing something wrong, and it is worth considering more.
Main errors in meditation
The practice of meditation is known to humanity for a very long time, and for the centuries, people managed to identify and describe a variety of mistakes that do not allow her to master her or making it ineffective. Take note the most common and try not to perform them:
- Start a session of meditation follows only in a calm and no burdened state. You should not disturb anything, you should not be very tired or tired. Otherwise it will be difficult to concentrate and relax. (However, there are advanced meditation practices that allow you to meditate on the state of stress, wrath, fatigue, disease, etc.)
- During meditation, it is impossible to be distracted - it reduces all the progress achieved during the session process. A distracting factors are extraneous noise, loud music, unsuitable music, cries of children, bark dogs and so on. Also distract and deliver discomfort may be unpleasant odors, heat and cold. That is why you need to meditate in the situation.
- No need to try to meditate a lot of time. This will not be any benefit. You will simply have to "still" set up the set time, and the internal sensations with unusual will only deliver discomfort. Remember: much better meditate every day gradually than long one day. Especially even one negative meditation experience can beat off the hunt to do it for many months.
- Meditating, do not need to be very zealous and strained - both mentally and physically. Strive for relaxation and concentration on the selected object (in the described technique - on breathing). When you feel the tension in a particular part of the body (and this will certainly happen), just relax it and continue the practice.
- You should not be limited to only one posture for meditation. Even if in one you think comfortable, it does not mean that in others it will not be so (maybe even more comfortable). Try alternate poses: "Semi-speeds" sitting on a chair, standing. By the way, try to remember when walking (dynamic meditation) - the effect of such practices can be very unusual. Actually, it is possible not to be limited to the place for meditation - a slightly having mastered the foundations, try to practice in the park, forest, on the shore, in public transport, etc.
- If you can't do something on the meditation session, in no case are not angry and do not worry. These are destructive mental states while in which, you should not count on any peace, relaxation, calm, etc. Perceive everything that happens in consciousness and the body is calm, you are just a third-party observer in this situation. And if some thought does not give rest and is constantly imposed, concentrate on it, and it will soon disappear.
- From meditation you do not need to wait for some particular result, you should not constantly check whether you are moving, especially in the process of meditation. To express the effect of this practice in words, you can only in very approximate terms, it is only possible to feel it completely. The "quality" of meditation will increase in stages, the result will accumulate and come gradually (and then only under the condition of regularity and systematic).
- Considering meditation, a person over time comes out into a somewhat different level of thinking and consciousness. And here a trap can be tied - you can begin to be proud of what has become "not like that", "better than others" or something similar. Meditation is undoubtedly the way for a better one, but no reason for the pride and exalting yourself. You should strive for wisdom, expanding consciousness, personal and spiritual growth, and not be an arrogant pride.
- Touching the whole charm of meditation, you can get into another trap - start wishing to feel the state of "enlightenment" always and everywhere. In the process and immediately after meditation, there may be a tide of joy and positive, good mood and even some grace. It is constantly very difficult to maintain it, and only very experienced people who have dedicated meditation are capable of it. No need to idealize anything, everything comes and leaves. And to the state after meditation, it is necessary to treat in the same way - philosophically.
And finally, let's say about one thing: starting to meditate, do not stop in development. Continue to build up and improve the results: Increase the time of meditation, the number of daily sessions, try different places and options to understand what is best for you. And remember that meditation does not have a specific end result - this is a permanent process. And if someone tells you the opposite, know that this is a myth. Well, just in conclusion a few more words about common misconceptions and myths about meditation.
Myths and misconceptions about meditation
About meditation walks quite a few legends. But while much of what they say has real bases, there is also something that was simply contrived, is reailed and taken not the god news from. Next, we will briefly tell about the most popular misconceptions of the practice of meditation:
- You can not fall asleep during meditation. Despite the fact that it is undesirable to fall asleep in meditation, in some cases it is for this and needed - for example, if insomnia suffers. And in general, if you fell asleep, there is nothing terrible in this, just do not fall asleep the next time (by the way, the fact of falling asleep suggests that the body needs to be urgent).
- It is necessary to in every possible way to give thoughts during meditation. Stop the internal dialogue is not so easy, because it means not to think at all. Thoughts will always try to break through, but they do not need to suppress them. Give them free to flow in your mind, keep watching and learn to manage attention.
- Meditation is needed only for relaxation. As you yourself have already understood, relaxation is only one of the effects of meditation; Relaxing only accompanies her. However, it is quite possible to meditate exclusively for relaxation, and at the same time other effects will be manifested.
- Only monks can meditate. This is not true, and can be meditated completely anyone. The only difference is that for monks is a full-fledged part of life, one of its main areas, and for an ordinary person is only a means of self-development, personal and spiritual growth.
- Not everyone can meditate. Another myth distorting the truth. If you mind at all came to begin to meditate, then you are already ready for your first steps in practice. Anyone can learn this and succeed. Meditation is not suitable for those who do not want to do it.
- Meditation is given with difficulty. Yes, to get results from meditation, you need to try. But this does not mean that you need to meditate in the cave for three years. As we said, there is a lot of meditative techniques and practitioners, and we suggested the simplest. Choose what you are able to, and quietly, do not overpower yourself.
- The results from meditation will come through years. Here - depending on what we are talking about. If you wish to comprehend Nirvana and cut off the bliss and the wisdom of the Buddha, then yes - everything will be required (and not the fact that it turns out). If we are talking about a favorable effect on the body, consciousness and thoughts, the first results will appear after the first session - you yourself will feel it.
- The meditation needs a lot of time. Many can not find in their schedule time to mend. At the very matter, even three meditation sessions can take no more than 15 minutes of your time. You choose yourself when, where and how much you can meditate. The benefits will be in any case.
- Meditation is a risk of reality. Contrary to this loss, everything is quite the opposite. Meditation is like a way to achieve a better understanding and awareness of yourself and the surrounding world. Meditating, you learn to see things as they are, and also live here and now, to be in a state of presence.
- Meditation should answer all questions. It is not necessary to assume that meditation is a panacea from all the troubles, the way to solve all problems. This practice, albeit very powerful, is a way to see benchmarks, but not a magic wand. In addition, it is necessary to understand that both the exact wording of issues that disturb your consciousness (and the essence of these questions) can be found for a very long time. So you do not need to try to "subordinate" meditation to yourself and strive to make a universal "medicine" from it.
As one everyday wisdom says, it is necessary to check everything only on your own experience. Never believe the word what hears, just because you are told that it is. Strive to check it or not, and the practice of meditation is the most directly. Myths and delusions share those who have never seriously meditated.
Summing up all of the foregoing, we only want to conclude that one of the best ways to master the art of meditation is not to carry out a line between yourself and practice. Meditation should not end with a timer call. It should last 24 hours a day, and you need to try to stay attentive and conscious during the day.
And in order to be deeper into the essence of meditation as a spiritual practice, we suggest see a fragment of the film "Opening of Buddhism", in which outstanding Tibetan teachers and their Western students are told about meditation. We are confident, this video will allow you to look at the meditation at a different angle.
We wish calm, wisdom and good luck!
I wrote a complete instruction how to meditate home for beginners. In this article, you will learn all the tricks of meditation at home. Choosing a place for meditation, how and how much to meditate, how to prepare for meditation and enter the practice in your schedule. At the end of the article you will find 5 simple ways to easily begin the practice of meditation.
At the end of this article, a bonus is waiting for you: Audiomedation for self-practice!
If you want to get a simple and short meditation instructions as quickly as possible, this article is for you.
Do not forget get a free online course Meditation awareness : Get a course for free
There I show you the fastest and safest way from scratch learning to meditate and transfer the state of awareness in everyday life.
Why do you need to meditate?
Almost all the time we are absorbed by what is happening around us. Our attention is a very valuable resource. There are whole industries that earn billions of dollars, absorbing our attention. World brands, political movements, thousands of corporations lead a real war with each other to take possession of our attention at least for a second.
Marketers and politicians least need us to be happy. A happy person will not sell anything. Sellers come up with increasingly sophisticated ways of advertising, reveal our sick places and fears to catch us on the hook.
As a result, we used to constantly switch attention from one picture to another. The rabid flow of information noise every second causes a feeling of anxiety, tension, pain and fear. All this is created and supported intentionally to take our inner peace. Happy man is useless for a sick consumer society. After all, he will definitely won't buy a new iPhone every year. Money is the return of your attention to yourself. This is the process of switching consciousness from the outside world to the inner. This is the ability to manage your attention and not allow others to take possession of them without permission, causing us to someone else in us. And, of course, meditation is the ability to hear and understand yourself, its purpose.
How to meditate
Let's start with the study of the meditation process itself. Meditation is a job with consciousness. By the way, I have a separate article: What is meditation from A to Ya. Master of Meditation often compare our consciousness with a monkey, which jumps from the branch of the branch. Try to hold attention on one subject at least a few minutes. You will see how naughty your mind is and how hard it is to keep attention even a few seconds.
Notice, as after a while you go to the usual thoughts about urgent problems, remember something or think about the future. Like a monkey, jumping in trees, disobedient attention jumps from one thought to another, avoiding presence in the present moment.
The rawness of the mind spends enormous energy resources. The mind is inextricably linked with the body and psyche. Chaotic thoughts cause physical tension in the body, which is why we are quickly tired. The psyche is also subjected to unnecessary tension due to constantly jumping in a circle of thoughts.
Therefore, meditation is primarily calming the mind. And after the calm mind comes a relaxed body and internally peace.
Consciousness training is similar to body training. First, it is very difficult for us to do even such a simple action as switching consciousness to the selected concentration object. Just a few minutes of workout will require a huge amount of strength. But regular practice with a consistent increase in the exercise time is able to strengthen your inner strength. Believe it is worth it.
Correct meditation can be called continuous retention on one object.
There is also another method of meditation, without using one selected object. In this case, we see all that is happening in the present moment. Sounds, pictures, feelings, thoughts, all this comes to our consciousness and immediately disappears. In meditation, we simply observe all what is happening, not arguing about anything, without allowing consciousness to cling to images and thoughts. The present moment is never standing in place. It continuously flows, and meditation is awareness of continuously the current moment without attempting to hold it.
Method of meditation for beginners
Beginner is better to choose the easiest way to meditate. Sit closed eyes and straight back in a comfortable posture. And send attention to your feelings. Sit quietly minutes, watching your sensual experience, realizing him. Let feelings and inner sensations come and go. Do not evaluate them, do not reason, do not analyze. Do not attempt to delay pleasant feelings or suppress unpleasant. Just watch the inner sensations, as if they are clouds floating across the sky.
Most likely, you will first feel the resistance that occurs when you switch consciousness from the outside world to the inner. You will want to suddenly get up, go to make an important thing, check mail, messages in the phone or look at the situation in the refrigerator. This is normal, do not criticize yourself. Just smoothly return to meditation. In the end of the article, I will give a few more ways to meditate at home.
Pose for meditation
As I wrote above, the best pose for meditation is a stable body position with a straight back. In order to start meditating, you need to sit calmly and do nothing. Body immobility is an important element of meditation. The body is connected with the mind inextricably. If not moving with a straight back for a long time, the mind calms down itself.
Depending on your physical condition, you can choose one of the following poses:
The simplest posture, you can start practicing from it. It is better to choose a stool with a solid seat. Sitting on the chair is needed with a straight back, without relying on the back. To make it easier to keep your back, try to keep the pelvis slightly above the knees, putting a folded blanket or a rigid pillow under the buttocks. At the same time, the pelvis lean a little forward. Hands put on the hips palms up.
In yoga, this body position is called Vajrasan - a diamond pose. This is a very good posture for meditative practices. But for a long time to sit in it without preparation is not easy. In any case, begin the little to train to be in Vajrasan for several minutes a day, gradually increasing the duration of practice. You can easily facilitate the pose, north on the floor, but on a soft litter or pillow.
The most popular meditation pose. I am sure that you have imagined a meditating person. Lotus Pose is in two versions. The first is easier, such a position is also called a semi-speed, and the second is more complicated, it is already a full lotus. If the joints and muscles are quite flexible, then in such a posture you can see enough. For example, when I studied meditation from the Vietnamese Master, I was sitting in the lotus position, meditating more than an hour every day. But the beginning will be difficult, so start with a few minutes.
Eyes, Hands, Mouth
Beginners have doubts about beginners: where to give hands, open or close your eyes and mouth. In fact, it does not matter much. But not to suffer doubts, I will give an example of the most common way to meditate.
- Eyes during meditation. So, you can practice with closed eyes and open. But in the tradition in which I studied, we were told to meditate with semi-eye eyes. The fact is that if the eyes are open, many distracting factors appear in sight. But if the eyes close completely, there is a chance to get in dream. Therefore, we choose the golden middle - semi-shot eyes. So attention will not cling to visual irritants, and will not fall asleep in thoughts.
- Mouth during meditation. The mouth during meditation should be closed. I breathe calmly and smoothly nose. On the face of lightweight, barely noticeable smile. The tip of the tongue is pressed to the top nebu.
- Hands in meditation. Put your hands on the hips or knees, as you are comfortable. Hands hold palms up. The tips of large and index fingers connect together, and the remaining fingers relaxed relaxed.
How to straighten your back
There are several secrets of the right body position in meditation.
First, in all the poses described, you need to slightly tilt the pelvis ahead. It will simplify the straightening of the back. The second, you need to constantly keep a painful effort. Imagine that the air ball is attached to your painshche, which pulls up. And behind the top up the entire spine and the whole body, as if string. Just do not too dilute. The back is like a string must be elongated, but if the string is dragging, it will burst. Find a feeling of comfortable pleasant stretching.
Evil enemies meditation
Since we are talking about meditation at home, it is impossible not to mention the first worst enemy meditation. This enemy is just hiding in our homes. This is TV.
The TV attracts our attention, because it helps to distract from the inner sensations. But meditation is just the return of attention to the inner sensations. During meditation, we see feelings and learn not to avoid them, but take.
It can be said that watching TV and meditation are two opposite over the sense of action.
The same applies to the second worst enemy of meditation - a smartphone. If you can still escape from the TV, then the phone is usually always near. You sat down in meditation, felt discomfort and the desire to escape, and now the hand is involuntarily stretched to the phone check social networks. Be careful, do not let the mind command you, and learn to manage them yourself.
Selection of meditation
One of the important factors associated with the successful start of practice is a permanent place for meditation. Every day it is advisable to meditate in the same place. And very well, if this place will be allocated specifically for practice, somehow decorated and designated.
I do not advise you to meditate in bed, where you sleep. This is a place to sleep, and it will be involuntarily associated with a dream and underlying relaxation during practice. Immediately after meditation, or even during her, the temptation will be great and sleep a little.
It will be better to create a separate place that will be associated with meditation.
Here are the main criteria for choosing a place to meditate at home.
- The place for meditation is better to choose away from the workplace
- Place for meditation It is advisable to choose away from the place to sleep
- Meditate better in a well-ventilated room, fresh air is important in this matter.
- The place for meditation should not be brightly illuminated or strongly darkened
- Ask household for the time of meditation do not disturb you, choose a place away from the lively movement in the house
Of course, at home it is difficult to find such an ideal place, especially in the city apartment. But try to take into account at least a few points. The lack of an ideal place is not a hindrance for who wants to meditate. The one who is waiting for the perfect moment will never start. The perfect moment will never come. You need to act now, in the fussy and disorder of the imperfect world.
The main secret of meditation
Once I talked with one healer. It was a cheerful old old year of 80 years. And he asked me if I want to know the secrets of preserving health to a deep old age. Naturally, I said I wanted. And then he began to list: Turn cold water, to make a warm-up in the morning, eat in moderation and fresh food to drink clean water, etc.
What are these secrets, I told him, these are banal rules and they are known to everyone.
"And the secret is that it should not just know, but also to do," the grandfather laughed.
In fact, the posture, place and method of meditation are not so important. There is a much more important thing in meditation. And this is a consistent regular practice.
It is not better to meditate very correctly, with errors in the posture, not in the most beautiful place, but every day is 10 minutes, than to meditate with perfectly flat back, but once every six months.
It is the regularity of practice that is crucial. Please, there is nothing more here. This is the main secret of meditation.
Where to start meditation
Before starting practice, it is recommended to spend 5 minutes on a small warm-up. This will help you feel comfortable in a fixed sitting pose. Below I will give 5 simple Asan from yoga for warm-up before meditation. Perform each Asana for one minute.
3. Head Pose on Knee
5. Plow Plow
Asans are given for example. You can make your favorite exercises for the workout of the muscles and joints.
How to meditate home for beginners - meditation techniques
If you carefully read the article, you have already understood that you can combine many meditation options. These are various poses, and the position of the hands and eyes. But besides this, the main differences in methods belong to different meditation objects.
What can we concentrate attention during meditation?
- Feelings in tele
- External object
- Inner imaginary object
- Stream state
- Meditation for breathing
One of the simple ways is to focus on breathing. Sit comfortably with a straight back and watch every breath and exhale. Watch how the air enters how the chest and the stomach expands, and how the air exhale leaves the lungs. The most difficult in this technique does not lose attention. After a while you will notice what you think about outsiders. Mildly return attention to breathing.
- Meditation on the feelings in the body.
Feelings in the body are always present. And this is a good object for the concentration of consciousness. Since the feelings in the body are always in present. The essence of this practice is to aware of the bodily sensations. Watch the heat in the body, cold, pain, pleasant feelings, everything that happens. Just as in the previous method, try not to run away from you.
- Another method is to choose an external object for meditation. The easiest way: take a sheet of paper and draw a black point in the center with a 10-penny coin. Hang the sheet on the wall and sit at the distance of an elongated hand. The point should be at eye level. Look at the point, without stopping and not blinking for 10 minutes. ATTENTION ATTENTION TO POINT. It will be quite difficult at first. Thoughts will be disobedient to scatter in all directions. But with the practice you will learn how to manage your attention.
- Inner imaginary object.
This is a rather complicated way for advanced meditators. Everything is also approximately ka in the previous exercise, but at the same time you sit with your eyes closed and concentrate on the imaginable subject. You can imagine anything, the main thing is to hold attention on one object.
- Flow status.
In this meditation, it is not necessary to sit, it can be practicing anywhere. Its essence is to realize everything that happens around without going into your thoughts. You can simply lie or sit with your eyes closed and watch your thoughts, feelings in the body, feelings. And at the same time remember that you are an observer, that is, not to be involved in what is happening.
READ ALSO: Meditation to calm the nervous system
The article turned out long, although I tried to write how to meditate home for novice shorter. There are many nuances, but all of them are not at all necessary, but somewhere even harmful. The more you hold in the head of the instruction, the more doubts appear during practice. The main thing is to start, even if not perfect. And the feeling of proper practice will come with experience.
Do not forget get a free online course Meditation awareness : Get a course for free
There I show you the fastest and safest way from scratch learning to meditate and transfer the state of awareness in everyday life.
I wish you success!
What is meditation for beginners?
Meditation - Practice that you can learn yourself. Thanks to her, we allow the consciousness to relax from gadgets, communicating with people and questions that we are worried. If meditating regularly, the well-being and emotional state improves. This is confirmed by numerous scientific research. Probably, with the word "meditation" you imagine yoga, which is sitting in a lotus position with a blissful smile and explores his inner world. Yes, this technique is, but it is not the only and much more complicated than many others.
The easiest way to begin to meditate on the concentration method on the object. For example, you can look at the flame candles for a long time or look at a beautiful flower. Another option is to transfer attention to thoughts on the respiratory process and watch the breaths and exhalations. Well, for those who seem boring, there is a dance meditation, when you stop controlling the movements and allow the body to do what it wants: to put down his legs, wave your hands, shake your head.
If you learn to focus on sensations and do not think about how it looks like, you will get the result that any other meditation gives: sincere equilibrium and vital energy.
Where did the meditation come from?
Although meditation is associated with yoga, there is no such word in Sanskrit. It came from philosophy, translated from Latin meditatum. means "reflement". Today, meditations for simplicity are called all the techniques of yoga, which soothe consciousness, such as the contemplation of the object and breathing exercises.
Initially, the goal of yoga is not to sit on the twine or stand up, and plunge into meditative state. All exercises - Asana - are needed only to strengthen their back, reveal the hip joints and learn to sit comfortably in the lotus position. It is her yoga that is considered the most suitable for meditation. It is said that she is closed, and the energy that we get during practice does not break, but will be copied.
All this is said in the ancient Indian religious and philosophical texts under the general name of the Upanishad. According to historians, the wise men wrote them from XV to V c. BC e. Thus, in order for meditation to be effective, it makes sense to train and body, and mind. Over time, keep the back will be easily easily, breathing will slow down and deepen, and extraneous thoughts will stop preventing the process.
How to learn meditation at home
Select the method. "Starting to meditate at home is the easiest to the voice that says what to do is, - advises Maria Krivonozhenkova, the yoga instructor in the clubs" Fitness Territory ". "Therefore, I recommend to go to the meditation class or install an application on your smartphone." A good option is a new Prosto Irena Ponaroshka: It is designed specifically for beginners, and that the most valuable, meditation is recorded in Russian.
From foreign applications the most popular and understandable - Calm and Headspace.
"Some people are comfortable to meditate when they are alone and complete silence," says Maria. - In this case, I advise you to learn the concentration techniques on the breath and sensations in the body, which I will share [see the end of the text - approx. Ed.], and perform home meditation independently. "
Take time. Highlight for meditation for 15 minutes when no one will disturb you. So that everything happens, we need a complete privacy and silence, but only for beginners. Experienced practices are able to meditate in all conditions: in public transport, during the morning jogging and even while they are removed at home. Over time, you also learn this.
Prepare space. "Before meditation at home, be sure to register the room - recommends Mary. "You will begin to breathe more actively than accustomed to ordinary life, and so that the head does not smear, the air should be enough. Mortulate the light, as desired, burn the aromatic candle or wand. Citrus smells will be appropriate in the morning: they are cheating, in the evening - soothing lavender. Well, and if after meditation you need to productively work, I advise you to aromatize the placement of mint: it increases concentration. "
Select a comfortable position. "Starting to meditate at home is easier, sitting on a chair," says Maria. "So you will not be distracted to discomfort in the back: with inappropriate, she can fly. Put the feet on the floor. Hands put on your knees. If you can sit comfortably on the floor with crossed legs, it is better to choose this position, especially since it can be simplified. It's hard to keep your back straight - lean against the wall. Knees hurt - to put a pillow or plaid under the buttocks, folded several times. Try and select a position in which you will be comfortable to meditate for a few minutes. "
Do not be discouraged if something does not work. Most likely, during the meditation of the house you will be distracted by different thoughts. Suddenly remember that they did not buy avocado for breakfast and do not rub dust on the windowsill. "This is normal for beginners," says Maria. "Just ask yourself a question:" What answered me now? "Realize the thought, because of which the practice was interrupted, and try to watch it from the outside, as if she was a cloud sailing across the sky. Imagine that the thought passes by and is already far away, and then come back to the breath. Track each breath and exhale. " Practice regularly and with time you will learn to concentrate on the process.
Why learn to meditate?
Control of emotions. The meditating person easier reacts to unpleasant events and does not allow negative thoughts to influence the mood. Journalist Danny Penman and Scientist Mark Williams in the book "Consciousness" say about it. Meditation teaches to observe such thoughts from the side and understand that they are not you. The authors advise beginners to visualize how the negative arises, for some time just watch him, and then imagine that it dissolves. Most likely, after such a practice, emptiness will fill the ease and feeling of calm.
How it works, the researchers are explained, who study the brain. Scientifically proven: the meditating person increases the density of the gray substance in the rear belt cortex of the brain and hippocampus, which participate in the formation of emotions and memorizing information. As a result, control the reaction to events is easier, and the memory becomes better.
Fight with stress. Studies show that regular meditation acts as antidepressants. That is why psychologists sometimes include this practice into therapy.
Rest and recovery. "In ordinary life, we constantly consume information, make decisions, look at bright screens. All this overloads consciousness, it gets tired, and in the evening we can feel anxious and anxiety. And we do not fall out, - explains Maria. - During the practice of a meditating person, brain departments are turned off, which are responsible for the assimilation of information and decision making. As a result, he rests, as if in a dream. As a result, the body relaxes, the blood pressure is normalized, the work of cardiac and respiratory systems is improved. "
Equipment for self-meditation at home.
Concentration for beginners: 1) on the facility; 2) on breathing; 3) on the sensations in the body
Concentration on an object for beginners: meditating with a candle.
- Sit on the chair. Straighten your back. Put the candle so that it is at eye level.
- Light a candle and concentrate on the flame. How does it move? What color is the base and around the edges? Do you feel warm, which comes from it?
- Whenever thoughts come to mind, let them go and come back to the candle flame.
- When you feel that it is time to finish meditation, close your eyes and sit so a few minutes. Imagine the candle flame and try to remember this image, then in the moments of stress and anxiety to come back to him and remember how easy and calmly it was during meditation.
Perhaps the first time it will not work, but after five or ten practices you will learn.
Concentration on breathing for beginners: We observe inhams and exhalations.
- Sit on the floor to any convenient position with crossed legs. If it is uncomfortable, sit on the chair.
- Blank your eyes and breathe how you now want.
- Gradually, start stretching every breath and exhale.
- Put your hands on the stomach. Feel like in the breath he goes ahead, and on exhale - back.
- Put your hands on the ribs. Note, as in the breath, they expand to the sides, and they are narrowed on exhale.
- Put your hands on the clavicle. Please note how they rise on the breath, go out on the exhalation.
- Here you have learned to breathe full yogan breathing, against which meditation is performed.
- Now lower your hands on your knees and continue to breathe in this mode for a few minutes, carefully tracking how every breath and exhale occurs.
For the first meditations will be enough five minutes.
Concentration on sensations in the body for beginners: alternate relaxation of each muscle.
- Blank your eyes and just raise. Gradually stretch the breaths and exhalations.
- Scan the whole body with the whole body. Mark where there is discomfort.
- Start alternately relax every section of the body: Stop's fingers, feet, caviar, muscles around the knees, kneeling, hips - and so right to the scalp. Slide attention by body slowly and consciously.
- When you finish meditation, take a deep breath, such as if you breathe for the first time. By readiness, open your eyes.
The meditating person begins to concentrate on a good and relatively relative to the bad thing, learns to live not by the past or future, and the real, enjoy what is happening right now. It works, provided that regular practices: every day or at least twice a week.
Yes, it requires discipline, but try to perceive the meditation not as an obligation, but how care for yourself, as a tool that helps to be less nervous and criticized yourself, teaches resting from alarming thoughts and reboot.
The result in the form of mental equilibrium and the large stock of the vitality is worth it.
For maximum relaxation and concentration after a long load or hard working day, many specialists advise to apply various practices of meditation. She becomes Panacea, an alternative to a visit to the psychotherapist. Systematic classes help bring in order to the inner world, spiritual, psycho-emotional state, to gain peace and peace.
In this article, read such meditation, what are its goals, how often should these practices be engaged and this lesson is suitable? We will analyze each of the races each of the issues.
Total purpose of meditation
To begin with, you need to figure out what meditation is. Meditation is a special tool of spiritual enlightenment and equilibrium, originating from Buddhist teachings and practices. The main goal is the complete transformation of consciousness, its purification from the negative energy, thoughts and senders, the knowledge of the methods of control over the inner "I". The systematic application of such practices makes it possible to reach the harmony of the body, the soul and mind, to pacify them, achieve 100% concentration and clarity of thought, care.
Thanks to the enormous variety of existing meditative practices, a person may find the necessary branches. For example, meditation to complete the relaxation of the body in order to accurately monitor the meaning of being and receiving answers to questions about the eternal. Other practices use a specific item on which the user concentrates its thoughts and desires to achieve the necessary effect. The common goal of all existing meditative practices, trainings and classes comes down to one - learn how to correctly manage both consciousness and internal energy, to properly dispose of it.
Who needs to meditate?
The physical practitioners and asanas of yoga will be useful both school students and universities, and more adult people who spend a few hours a day at work. To understand whether you should start practicing meditation, to know this world, it is enough to answer truthfully on the Issues yourself, questions:
- Do I want to know myself, my inner world, be in harmony with me?
- Is I ready to become conscious, to correctly understand what is happening around me?
- I can and can I stay in present, correctly distinguishing and structuring the existing stream of thoughts in my head?
- How well do I understand what is happening around me and people with whom I communicate, I live, friends?
- Do I understand myself, my desires, fears, fears, can you work out, let go, heal?
When negative answers will be more than positive, you should think about letting meditative practices in your life. After all, without harmony of mind, body and soul it is impossible to build the right and one-to-the functioning of all sides of their life, as a holistic organism.
Preparation for meditation
Bring out the immersion in your inner world is necessary, completely disconnecting from current problems. Before doing meditation, we recommend to leave behind the questions related to the work, study, difficulties in relationships and so on. All that should be important in this moment is an opportunity to relax, get enlightenment, achieve unity and harmony of the body, soul, mind. To become one whole with the world of enlightenment, which will lead your lost mind to a source of wisdom, understanding being.
It is necessary to abstract from everything. The best option will be reproducing calm, relaxing music, which will help to relax, discard all the burden and care that has accumulated during the working week. The muffled, inappropriate light, pleasant incenses will also become wonderful assistants to obtain enlightenment.
Basic rules of meditation
Before you proceed to the direct implementation of meditative practices, it is necessary to remember the existing unshakable rules that should be followed by:
- The occupation is always held in a quiet, peaceful and secluded place where you can be alone with you;
- All practices are performed exclusively on an empty stomach, or if the meal failed to skip, not earlier than 2.5 hours (in the case of light snack) and 4 hours (if the food was abundant, rich in fats);
- It is categorically unacceptable to engage in meditation if you are in a state of alcohol or narcotic intoxication;
- It is forbidden to conduct practices after smoking;
- Before meditation, you must take a convenient pose for you, calm your breath and relax.
Guided by such simple advice, it is possible to achieve great achievements in meditative practices. In addition, it is worth paying attention to the following questions that will help properly configure themselves to further execute progress.
How long do you need to meditate?
In the initial stages, when you just meet the existing types and types of meditations, it is recommended to start your classes from five minutes, after which it is gradually to bring their duration to 10-15 minutes. Experienced practitioners can be in the meditating stage up to 45 minutes. We recommend not to exceed this time so that such a useful occupation does not cause irreparable changes in your consciousness, because everything useful must be in moderation.
When is it better to meditate?
The main rule of meditation is to fulfill the practices correctly, efficiently. After all, they affect your soul, which means they make it, your mind and body is stronger, rushing, flexible. The perfect option will be the implementation of meditation daily. Practices should be done three times a day - in the morning at sunrise, at lunch and evening. Evening and morning practices should be the most long-lasting, 15 minutes every one, while at lunch is allowed to be meditated for no more than five minutes to reboot the mind and consciousness.
In the case when it is not possible to clean your "I" so often, we recommend to perform once a day in early in the morning, but qualitatively. Each practical practice should bring joy, awareness, to change something in you for the best. As soon as you feel that inspiration appeared, a vision has opened on solving certain questions that have tormented you for a long time, remaining unresolved, it means that the practice was performed correctly and carefully.
Is it possible to meditate to the music?
Yes, but there are some nuances. For meditation, find quiet, calm music, with a rhythm of no more than 80 blows per minute in a small number of musical instruments used, without loud, sharp sounds. An ideal option will be the sounds of rain, forests, water noise or waves. Meditation and yoga practitioners also use various mantras, ethnic music of African peoples. Ambient, Chillout style compositions are very well. The main task of music is not a key element in meditation, but to become a complementary link, which will help disable consciousness without being distracted by irritating factors outside.
Is it possible to meditate lying?
Of course yes! If it is difficult for you to concentrate on yourself sitting, this option will be optimal. Consider this issue below slightly more.
Posses for meditation
At the moment, several basic poses are distinguished, which are available for meditative practices:
- Pose sitting. You can sit on both on the floor and on a stool, a rug, a comfortable high pillow, in the lotus position. In some types of practices, legs should be crossed in a certain way - men have a right leg should always lay on top, and in women - left. The palms are put on his knees. They can be as "closed", that is, the palms are turned the back side, and "open" when the back of the palm looks down. If an outdoor palm option is used, index and thumbs are bent and combined with each other, forming a ring, and the three remaining fingers are directed forward. Thus, it turns out "jnani-wise" - for the concentration of energy and reception of information from the universe.
- Lying. This pose is called the name "Dead Pose" or "Pose of Corpse".
It is necessary to remember that in the process of execution, practices categorically unacceptable to experience any physical inconvenience. It is important to choose the ideal option of relaxation, which will help not be distracted from practicing and achieve the desired result.
At the moment, three main relaxation techniques are distinguished - breathing, visualization and muscle relaxation. To achieve relaxation, remove or reduce the existing stress level, except the information described above, you need to work out your breath, learn how to manage it. To do this, it is worth a comfortable pose and start breathing the nose. After that, close your eyes and concentrate on something pleasant. The next step must be performed by a slow, deep breath. Performing this step you should feel the power of the air in you in you, feel His cool whiff, as it passes in you through the nasopharynk. Further, we recommend for a few seconds to delay your breathing, after which it is calm, without sharp jerks to exhale it. At this step, you will feel that the exhaled air has become warm, and thoughts - assembled and clear. This practice is worth repeating during the entire relaxation process to make a mind free of passion.
The visualization technique is similar to the previous one, however, in this case, you not only control your breathing, but also imagine a calm, quiet and secluded place in which you could "collect" yourself in a single whole, harmonious "I".
The muscle relaxation technique helps to remove the tone, tension in the tissues, give the body the necessary vacation.
Do not put meditation as a fix idea. This occupation should be pleasure, and not to be a torment and a daily carriage. If you didn't succeed today, try to start tomorrow, at an earlier time when no one can prevent you.
Brain Waves in Meditation
An interesting fact - the use of meditative practices allows you to reveal the potential and brain power, increase its capabilities several times. Scientists have been proven that many Buddhist monks who have been meditated for a long time and applied various practices, combining them with yoga, they were able to "dispel" their brains, control consciousness and subconscious, becoming more collected.
The main secret of meditation
The main secret of meditation is the ability to subjugate its mind exclusively, to control their emotions, fears, uncertainty. Using such practices, a person can achieve enlightenment in any part and the sphere of his life. In addition, meditation is useful and in case of certain medical issues. So, for representatives of the fine sex, meditative practices during menstruation will become an excellent option for unloading the body to remove the stress in all its systems and facilitate this period in the life of each girl, women. Already after a few practices, the result will be visible - pain and discomfort will become less noticeable, the understanding of their body, relief and peace will be replaced.
As you can see, meditation is a modern panacea from a variety of difficulties that lie down a modern person in their path. More about meditation on our website meditate.fun
ВThey have long been heard of meditation or, perhaps, even read books on meditation, but so far theoretical knowledge has not become a practice. This article is for you, for those who want to enter the new path and calm their mind.
How to learn to meditate beginners
For beginners, meditation may seem like something strange, poorly understood, but all this is only as long as you do not understand what is the essence of meditation, and it is in the stop of the mental process. Of course, this is the highest goal of meditation, achieved on more advanced levels of practice. Experienced meditating are suitable for that stage when they become united with all things; For them, their ego ceases to exist, the concept of individuality is moving into the background, and when the meditation itself is fulfilled, it is completely absent - after all, the meditator dissolved in the object of his meditation, has become one with him one.
All this is quite difficult to imagine. The speech here is about mental, mental processes, and in some extent physical. In general, the techniques and meditation techniques are aimed at working with consciousness, expand its borders without the use of any other means. Only consciousness, mental processes, will and desire to practice meditation are occupied in the work.
How to learn to meditate beginners at home
To master meditation, it is not necessary to sign up for full-time meditation courses. You can start to engage yourself at home. It is very convenient. You can perform meditation at any time of the day: even in the morning, immediately after you have woken up, at least in the evening, before going to sleep, which also will be beneficial to both the rest.
As an technician at the initial stage, the activities of breathing exercises are well suited: the concentration on the breathing itself will help focus the mind, collect it at one point. This only will allow you to free yourself from a large thread thoughts and disconnect from daily problems.
If you have not yet fully decided where to start what meditation to choose as a means to calm mind, and would like to learn more about a variety of methods and approaches to meditation, you can stop the choice on the presented program for beginners, to learn everything and make the first Steps under the guidance of an instructor, practicing meditation for more than 20 years.
What you need to know before meditate
Before starting any meditation, you need to take care that the following requirements have been completed.
- Choose a place where you can stay alone.
- Pets must stay in another room not to distract you.
- Disable all the phones, dedicate this time only yourself.
- The light may be natural, but not too bright, in order for you to make it easier to relax and plunge into meditation.
- It is better to conduct meditation sitting in Siddhasan or Padmasan. If so far, these postures cause discomfort, you can choose any other stable pose so that the spine remains direct.
- It is not worth installing an alarm clock or a timer to exit meditation, as it will simply "break out" you from the process. Everything should go to your catcher and calmly.
How to meditate so as not to fall asleep
Sometimes beginners meditate ask what to do in the case when in the process of meditation the body calmed down so much that the man fell asleep. If you are well sitting and does not interfere with you, then, of course, you can plunge into sleep, but if you are sitting in Padmasan, and it is still comfortable for you, then all falling is excluded here. Therefore, so often emphasize the importance of the position that the meditator uses.
You can practice meditation and in a horizontal position, but here for beginners there is a greater risk to go to sleep state. With experience for you will cease to be of great importance, in which posture to meditate. You will learn to stay in this state, and even fulfilling the next practice in the pose of Shavasana, you can stay susceptible, meditate, but not fall asleep.
How to learn to meditate at home: a variety of techniques
The most affordable meditation techniques are associated with respiratory concentration. These are simple pranayama. You can start with observation of your breath and at the same time to ensure that thoughts are not distracted during this process. It would seem that here is the importance? All the famous respiratory rhythm, but it is so important that it is able to change your manner thinking, calm the mind, redirect your mental process and improve the work of many physical body systems. This principle is also used for practicing course "Vipassan". He is universal, so it is very important to master it from the very beginning.
Meditation - breathing observation
At the initial stages, try simply watching the breath and exhalation within a few minutes. Stay at the same time calm. Nothing if thoughts were distracted and switched; This is quite normal at the initial stage, although most people begin to worry about this, internally criticizing themselves. Critics do not change little. Just return your thoughts to the most meditation object: in this case, this is a respiratory process. With each time you will start notify that you are distracted less and this is a good indicator. Soon you can meditate in this way at full concentration within 5 minutes. In the future, you can increase the time of practice, gradually bringing it to 30 minutes.
Good technique for beginners is a trading. Everything that is needed here is to look closely at the candle flame and do not blink. At first it will be difficult to keep a look for even one minute, but with practice you will develop stability of attention. If you are quickly tired, you can take breaks for 20 seconds, closing your eyes.
The great value of this practice is that the thought process stops instantly. The movement of the eyeballs stopped, and with him - and thoughts. Therefore, at the initial stage, this meditation is very good just in order to understand what it is - stop thinking.
How to learn to meditate at home, practicing pranayama
Using pranayama as one of the methods of meditation, significant results can be achieved in the concentration of mind and its discipline, as well as in the balancing of the emotional sphere. Properly performed pranayama cleans the body, and the mind. Keeping control over the breath, making it a deeper, long or performing Kumbach - the delay of breathing, - can be achieved and good therapeutic results. But in everything I need a measure, and as for Kumbakha, then at the initial stages of the development of pranayama, it is not recommended. Just watch by breathing, feel like air enters and goes out, passes through the organs, filling the lungs, and then slowly follow the process of exhalation.
Practice "Atanasati Kynyana"
You can try to perform Apaneasati Kryanan, the essence of which is that you gradually increase the length of the inhalation and exhalation, but do not go to the discomfort zone. You should not choke or experience a big inconvenience, practicing this pranayama. It is better to use the principle of graduality and regularity of execution, and as practicing Pranas, you will learn to make longer breaths and especially exhalations and gradually be able to stretch the breath that 30-second and even 45-second inhale and exhale will become natural.
How to learn to meditate home at home. Awareness of meditation purposes
Depending on the meditation you will do, be it the course of Vipassana or the use of praniums - goals and means may vary, but the main, the general direction of all meditations can be expressed as follows:
- Understanding yourself. After performing the meditation technician, your understanding of yourself, those motives that you guide, making decisions in everyday life, will greatly become clearer. Thoughts will become more organized. Despite the fact that the ultimate goal of top-level meditation consists in full relief from the thought process, at the initial stages of thoughts need to be put in order, to send, to achieve the ability to concentrate on something one. This, in turn, will make your thoughts more ordered, and your mental process is clearer.
- Observing rest. After you learn the concentration, performing meditation techniques for this, your mind will calm down. Focusing on one, he will cease to wander and learn to think unidirectionally, not jumping from one to another, or, in a different way, it will become disciplined. So, making order to work the mind, you will be less distracted, as a result of which peace will come to your thoughts. When the thoughts are calm and sent to the right track, then life is transformed: it comes to her long-awaited peace of mind and ordering, and with chaos will become ending. All actions are formed by thoughts. From there, impulses come to further actions. The thinking process is a team management body, but it does not happen by itself, but is controlled by breathing. There are special yoga techniques that allow them to control the respiratory process - they are called pranayama.
- Awareness. In the process of meditation, at the initial stage, you will learn more to realize yourself, your mind, body surrounding the conditions - everything in the world. This can be called the cornerstone of the meditation process, when the practitioner, gradually circumsogged control of thoughts, learns them to direct and follow them. You really become a researcher of yourself and your life, understanding and realizing your being every time deeper.
- Disable thoughts. The process of liberation from thoughts occurs a little later: when you have already mastered the techniques of concentration and awareness, your attention has become even more directed, the overall perception of life and all its components gained great clarity. That's when making one of the practices of concentration on the facility or image, you can "penetrate" in the subject of your meditation, that external stimuli will stop for you to exist and consciousness will completely plunge and go to what it was sent. This will automatically mean that the flow of thoughts is stopped. It is often referred to as an internal dialogue, and in many spiritual practices of his stop attaches great importance. It is really very important, but during the meditation, during the very stopping of the mental process, you will not be able to realize this, to understand what is finally clean, because there is a realization, therefore, the thought process is still present. It turns out that if you tell yourself that thoughts are stopped, they are still in stock. The realization that the thought process was disabled for a period of time, can only happen later, but not during the "silence of the mind." That is the silence that the mind ceases to analyze, draw conclusions. Only after leaving meditation, you will give yourself a report in what something incredible happened.
- Enlightenment and exemption. Liberation, and with him and enlightenment, come at the highest stages of meditation practices. These are the steps on which the mind not only obeyed to you, but you also seized them so well that you can stop it as desired and go to the immediate source of knowledge. We often consider the mind of this source for ignorance, while the mind is only a servant in the process of gaining knowledge. It is a means that we consider the only one; Thanks to it, obtaining information becomes affordable.
However, this is not quite true. Through the mind, we commit a number of actions, analytical processes based on criticism, synthesis, making value judgments, a certain kind of processes perception. All of them are produced with the help of the mind. And yet there are other ways directly when knowledge can be obtained without bypass pathways, without analyzing and using logic. This is what they say when it comes to enlightenment. This is not some abstract state available only to yoga and saints. A person practicing meditation throughout a considerable time may well achieve this if such is the purpose of its occupation.
If enlightenment put on a pedestal and all their lives are devoted to this, then it turns out of the organic, connected steps of the process of meditation to an end in itself, and it has a generation of the desires of the human "I" - ego. Thus, the initial principle of meditation is undermined. He is not in strengthening the ego, and just on the contrary - in reducing his strength. After all, for what we learn to stop the same internal dialogue - in order to weaken the power of the ego, primarily manifested through the mental process.
The arrival of enlightenment should be a natural process, it does not need to be forced. In the perfect version, the practitioner should not even strive for him, and then it will be achieved through the practice itself, free from the internal desires "I".
For the successful practice of meditation, it is necessary to deal with it. As soon as the first step is made, you will gradually get used to perform this practice daily, and progress will begin to manifest itself from the outside of life. What used to be incomprehensible for you will become clearer. Details, which first seemed insignificant, will appear in the new world, will make sense enriching your life. Successful practitioners, dear meditating!
Dear friend If you just start Immersion in meditative practices, then will our big guide be useful for you to start meditating a newcomer? " In one place, we collected all the materials for you that may be needed at the initial stage of your practice. We have prepared guide for you, because once yourself really needed such a full and understandable manual.
How to start meditating a newcomer. Big Hyde
What meditation ?
Meditation is a systematic exercise for the mind aimed at the development of awareness, clarity of mind and emotional equilibrium.
Meditation involves the concentration of our attention, which is usually in scattered and defocused state. The usual for mind is a messy leaping from one thought to another. And the difference often regrets the past and worries about the future. In the East, such a condition is called "monkey mind", and in neuropsychology - the default state or autopilot.
Meditation Returns a wandering mind to the full experience of the present moment, soothes it, makes perception more clear. Attentive self-breaking makes it possible to find out that continuous chatter is the usual activity of the mind, and you have the right to decide on our own, follow every thought or not. Awareness of the emerging in response to the thoughts of emotions gives you the opportunity to escape from template impulsive reactions and choose a wise response yourself, an adequate situation.
Meditation is a very ancient practice and was originally used in a religious context to achieve spiritual purposes. In most religions of the world, their unique contemplative traditions originated.
There are also many types of secular or secular meditation devoid of a religious context. This means that your religious beliefs or their absence are no interference to meditate practice. Most people practices meditation for their own health and well-being.
Meditation helps us to hear yourself, your true desires, shows a way to live in harmony and the world.
Unfortunately, there are still many myths and misconceptions of meditation, which prevent people to form their own experience and understanding of meditation and experience its numerous advantages.
We divide the top myths about meditation
What meditation is suitable for you?
What is actually hiding behind the word "awareness"?
There are many different types of meditation. In recent decades, Mindfolness meditation has become the most popular or, as they say more often in Russia, the practice of awareness. In the West, they became a mainstream and a significant component of a comprehensive care for their health and well-being. Today it is the most studied science type of meditation.
Mindfolnes is a natural human ability to be attentive and included in what is happening with us and around us at the moment, without automatic judgments and criticism.
Practice Mindfolheshes means to direct the current at the moment in a special way: without free, with kindness, curiosity and adoption.
The value of the term "Mindfulness"
The origins of awareness
7 principles of Mindfolnes
Mindfolnes practices are a generalizing term for various ways to train attention. The arsenal practices of awareness includes: body scanning, meditation of loving kindness and many other meditations.
Practices Mindfolnes - simple, but very powerful and transforming life practices of attention. It is important to understand that its strength in training and application. Each event of your life, including mental, opens up new opportunities for you to practice. Constantly training, we gradually turn our actions into the habit.
Developing a habit of fully attended in what is happening, you will make awareness of your life.
Art of conscious life can learn each. For this you do not need to be a Buddhist, practicing yoga or go to the Himalayas. For practice, there are no restrictions: it does not matter your age, gender, physical opportunity, religious views. However, like any art, it requires constant improvement, and simply workout. And the more you are improved in it, the better results achieve.
Why does Mindfolheshes accept such contradictory forms?
For what Meditate?
Since the 2000s, interest in the scientific study of meditation and its influence on our brain, body and emotional well-being are growing steadily. The results of studies of neurochenic in truth are impressive. Practices of awareness lead to favorable structural changes in the brain, thanks to which there are positive changes in our lives.
- Improves the ability to regulate emotions.
- The impulsivity of reactions is reduced.
- Stress resistance increases, you are better prepared for stressful events.
- You achieve the best results in any activity due to the development of care and concentration.
- Relationships with people go to a new level, they appear more kindness, care, sincerity and depths.
Paying attention during the practice of awareness is similar to work in the mental gym. It requires some effort, but it cultivates strength and flexibility. Every time you practice, you strengthen the "muscles of awareness." The meditator gradually changes the shape and functions of his brain. Awareness becomes your habit.
Learn more about the impact of meditation to health, well-being and cognitive opportunities of a person:
10 Effects of Mindfolnes without "pink" glasses
Meditation and neurosetics
Mindfolnes and Brain Defalt System
How does meditation make us happier?
Neurobiology focused attention
4 whale well-being
What is the benefit of meditation Mindfolness?
Neuroplasticity. How to use brain capabilities?
Two wings practice
In the practice of meditation, two wings are the so-called formal and informal practices.
Formal practice is a meditation for which we assign special time in your life and place. This time we will pay ourselves, laying out all things. At these moments we are doing "just being" here and now. Formal meditation makes our practice deeper.
The second wing is an informal practice that does not require a special place and time. It lies in the introduction of awareness in our everyday affairs. Integration of meditation into ordinary life expands our practice.
Both wings are equally important and interrelated. Without one of them, practice will not be complete. Informal practice complements formal. Meditation helps us attend what is happening in our daily activities, and the concentration at the present moment in ordinary cases in turn helps meditation. That is why it is so important to integrate meditation into our activities every day.
Little Moments awareness during the day
The introduction of awareness into ordinary activity turns it into meditation. You can use any moment in order to fully focus on what is happening. Try to simultaneously do only one thing. All your attention is currently sent by one action, be it eating, walk, communication, creativity, routine business.
Try filling simple moments with your attention. A few days later you will see that such tiny moments of awareness will be of real meaning for the quality of your day and the status of your mind.
Gradually, you will have to see hundreds of opportunities during the day to bring awareness in the usual moments of life. Presence in what is happening will turn into your habit and awareness will become the style of your life .
How to meditate, standing in line?
Meditation while eating
Digital practices of awareness
Why to begin Meditation?
Decide for the purpose and motivation
People pursue different goals in meditation. Objectives depend on the characteristics of the personality and the current life situation. Among possible purposes can be as follows: internal well-being, good health, success in career or creativity, sincere relationships with people, feeling of the completeness of life, wisdom, integrity or calm.
Your goal should give you a clear idea of how you want to be thanks to practice. The goal will support your motivation to classes. Over time, your goals and motivation may change. Regardless of your goals, your decision to practice meditation very valuable and deserves respect.
If you have not yet decided on targets, highlight the time to compile a list of basic life values. When the list is ready, write, which of them will help implement meditation. This will be your goal in practice.
Under onslaught daily affairs, problems or fatigue, your enthusiasm can well be dug. In any case, try not to miss classes, as you do not miss the planned important meetings. Schedule a meeting with the most important person - yourself, and do not ignore it. Meditation is what you do for yourself and your well-being. Therefore, we assume all seriousness to the decision to meditate.
In order to start meditating you, you will not need any special preparations. You can easily start today. There are only a few important points that you should pay attention to.
Choose a suitable place for classes.
For meditation, any safe place is suitable, where no one will disturb you during the scheduled time. It is desirable that the place for meditation does not coincide with the place where you sleep. Do not meditate on the bed, as it will be difficult for you to save vigor and vigilance. At the beginning of the practice, meditate always in the same place. Gradually, this place will begin to associate with practice and it will be easier for you to focus. Support this place clean and ventilate.
Highlight a convenient time to meditate in your life schedule
To begin with, pick up the most comfortable time when no one will interfere with you. The question of the appropriate time for meditation is very personal and depends on your lifestyle. Any time in which you are convenient and want to do meditation will be correct.
In other other, in the morning it will be easier for you to meditate simply because after sleep we feel fresh and rested, there are less thoughts in my head, so it is easier for us to focus. If you already have a complex of morning rituals, you can include meditation in it.
Warn relatives that this time you will now devote yourself
Explain their relatives that you form a habit of meditate and need their support. Meditation takes just a few minutes during which you will not be available. If relatives find out that now you have a special time for yourself, they will not be disturbed at these moments. If it is still impossible, try to engage in the morning, ending a little earlier.
Choose a posture for meditation
Poses in the sitting position with a straight back maximize the maintenance of vigilance (allertiness) necessary in meditation. In the lying position you can feel driving. However, some types of meditation are preferable to carry out (for example, body scanning). There are meditations to be performed at a slow walking (conscious walking).
The body and mind are interconnected, so the pose of the body is reflected in the state of your mind. POSSIBLE OF THE BODY CAN HAVE CONSUCTURED, SUPPORT TO BE FIND CONCENTATIONS DURING MEDITATION.
Encourage yourself for practice
Encourage yourself at first after meditation so that with the new occupation you have a positive emotion.
Regularity is more important than the duration
Start at least 5 minutes a day, it is already good. Try to do every day. Regularity of occupations is more important than the duration of the meditation itself. It is better to practice a few minutes daily than 1 hour every week. Each week add time to classes. When choosing an optimal duration, it is worth leaving only on your sensations.
"You need to sit in meditation every day for 20 minutes. But if you are too busy, then you need to meditate an hour, "says the old wisdom of Zen.
From the very beginning of classes, meditative practices will be better abandoned by the desire for the results. Non-letter to the result is one of the basic principles of Mindfolnes. Get acquainted with them before starting practice.
There are both immediate results you get immediately after practicing and pending. Immediately after classes, you will most likely feel calmer than balanced, relaxed.
Some tangible changes according to research occur already after 8 weeks of practice (after passing the course of reduced stress based on MindFulness, developed by John Cabath-Zinnom). Deeper transformations will require months and years of classes, the effect of which is accumulated.
The results will come to you yourself, just keep practicing. Enter the meditation to the circle of your habits. It is not necessary to worry about to succeed in the hygiene of consciousness, because we do not strive to succeed in cleaning the teeth or the adoption of the shower.
Support like-minded people
During meditations you will have knowledge, experiences and feelings that you will certainly want to share with other people. Therefore, it will be just wonderful if your partner or loved ones also practice meditation. However, it is not necessary to share with those who cannot understand you.
You can record in your meditation diary, it also helps to better understand your experiences and watch what is happening.
Support like-minded people will help expand your practice. In our group in Instagram, you can ask questions you are interested in to experts and get acquainted with like-minded people. Sign up!
what interferes Practice novice?
We will analyze the typical difficulties that arise from most beginners to meditate.
If you fall asleep during meditation, try to find out the reason why you clone to sleep. Among possible:
- You do not hurt. If you do not get enough sleep, do not meditate. Better relaxed well. Try meditation in the morning after awakening.
- Your body is exhausted by sports loads. If your sports exercises are very exhausting you, meditate before playing sports. The second option is to reduce the intensity of sports activities. After easy physical exertion, the mind during meditation is more vitress and wanders less. Just give yourself a time after playing sports for the restoration of breathing and pulse, and then proceed to practice.
- You meditate immediately after eating on a full stomach. Take a break between the adoption of food and practice or meditate before eating.
- You meditate lying or in another position that does not contribute to the vigilance of the mind. Try meditation in the sitting position.
- The mind avoids something that you are experiencing in meditation. If the previous reasons are not relevant, probably your mind wants to avoid meditative state and goes into one of the usual states - reflections or sleep. Continue to focus on the object of meditation, for example on breathing.
- Your meditation session is too long at this stage. Collect meditation gradually, do not be too ambitious.
Various sensations in the body can distract you from meditation. Note the fact of the emergence and nature of sensations, such as "tingling", "itch", "vibration". Then quietly send attention to breathing.
Meditation teaches us that our sensations, thoughts and feelings are one, and our reaction to them is completely different. When we celebrate the feeling in the body, we have a choice. Choosing not react, you strengthen self-control. The body is trying to distract you from practice. Do not give in! You are the owner.
In meditation, we learn that the mind generates an endless stream of thoughts. Proved that 47% Time people think at all about what they are doing now. But thoughts separately do not last long, they quickly come to replace the following. Thoughts appear, but we have the right to solve themselves, follow them or not. After all, it's just your thoughts, not you yourself. It is quite natural that periodically you are distracted and follow your thoughts. In this case, simply just once again, just once again return to breathing or other object of meditation.
One of the methods is not to be distracted by thoughts - it is to come up with labels for them and stick them to thoughts as they occur. For example: "Fears", "Past", "Anger", "doubts." If you are still fascinated for the thought, just taking about yourself: "Distractions happened." In the language less use the words "I", "My". For example, "I'm distracted." Try to perceive thoughts as separate independent events, and it does not matter how much they seem significant for you at the moment.
The body's pose is very important, as it affects our mind and is reflected in practice. Sometimes in the desire to make the ideal ideal pose we pay too much attention to the correction of the body position in the process of meditation (most often it concerns posture).
In principle, in the correction posture there is nothing bad, if only you are not too interested in it. Otherwise, you will often be distracted. Loosen control and trust the natural wisdom of your body.
Attempts to control the breath
At the beginning of the practice normally, what you can not focus on breathing without trying to control it. Just continue to observe your breath without intent to take it under control. If it changes as a result, nothing terrible, but do not do it specifically. Just aware of the changes in breathing. It's enough.
Motivation will always fluctuate, and weakens many times. But every time you will have a choice: to follow motivation and surrender, or continue the practice inpite anything.
Practice meditation every day, regardless of the strength of motivation and mood drops. Perceive it as an integral part of your day like eating or sleep.
If you firmly decide to meditate every day, then you will not be any business to motivation and mood. Your willow power from this will be fixed and will help you in other aspects of life.
Pose For meditation
Many believe that you can meditate only sitting on the floor with crossed legs, probably in full lotus, with closed eyes, in the innocent indian entrance halls.
Meditation in the sitting position is an important component of practice, but you can perform it while sitting with a straight back on the chair and sitting on the pillow on the floor, conveniently placed legs. Some meditation techniques can be done lying, standing, while walking and sitting in a comfortable armchair under the plaid. Thus, you can meditate in all major poses that our body takes during life.
The ideal posture for meditation is a sitting position with a direct spine. Pose for meditation sitting should contribute to the collections (allertiness) and calmness. The collence in this posture provides us with a straight spine, and tranquility brings sustainability and feeling of support. The body is relaxed, but the mind is a bow. This posture is filled with self-esteem, the same state is transferred to the mind.
It is the direct spine on the guard of our vigilance. The spine must remain straightforward, and the muscles of the body at the same time relaxed. Head, neck and back should be on one straight line. The vertebrae is laid one on another. Try my head straight, without tilting it. The chin is slightly drowning. The shoulders are relaxed. Do not forget that a healthy spine is not perfect direct like an arrow. It has several natural bends: cervical, chest, lumbar and sacral.
Pose for meditation should be as comfortable as possible and not cause voltages or pain. It is important to find a balance between excessive tensions and excessive relaxation. Both interferes with concentration and hurt your meditation practice.
Difficulty at the very beginning
Many of us can not boast a good posture and a healthy spine. We do not pay special attention to our posture while sitting at the computer, at work, in the car. We slightly tilting the neck and head, omit or raise your shoulders, sit down with a peashed back. Therefore, at the beginning of the study, you can experience difficulties in the seat with a straight back. Continue to meditate, very soon your back muscles are strengthened, and the habit of paying attention to the pose of the body and keep your back straight moved to your other everyday classes.
Dzaf - Dense round cushion for meditation sitting. Usually, Dzaf is sewn from cotton and stuff a buckwheat husk. The pillow lifts the hips and maintains a stable pose without pain and inconvenience. Over time, the dzaf pillows are adjusted under its owner, acquiring the optimal height, downstream and softness for a particular person.
Dzabuton - A thick soft rug or mat, which is often put under the dzaf or a bench of the sejes, so that the knees and the legs are not far sitting in meditation in the meditation of a person were injured and smaller. Dzabuton is especially relevant for long meditations.
Additional small pillows can be padded for convenience.
Posses for meditation sitting:
Poses sitting on the floor are most stable and easier to keep the spine straight.
The caviar and feet of your feet lie on the floor, and one of the legs is in front of the other. This posture is easiest to master beginners. It is widespread in Southeast Asia. Many prefer to use the Burmese Posa.
Pose sitting on a chair
If for some reason for some reason, it is not enough to sit comfortably on the floor, you can start meditating, sitting on a chair. The back should also remain straight. Both legs are firmly on the floor, and the knees are bent at right angles. Buttocks must be slightly above the knees, for this you can put a pillow. The back is better not to climb the back of the chair. If necessary, put the roller or pillow between the lower back and the back of the chair. So it will be easier for you to keep the spine straight. Hands can be placed on the knees, palms down.
Selection of postures for meditation is very individual. Experiment with various postures and when choosing, focus only on your personal sensations.
More pos sitting here.
When the posture is selected, find the balance and relax
After you have found a suitable position for you, you need to take a straight back of the back and find the balance. This can help the following techniques:
- Imagine that the string is attached to the top of your head (or tape, if you are so comfortable), go out. And all your body is suspended in the air on this string. Someone pulls for this string, and your macushkin also stretches up. Try to feel how your spine is drawn up and lengthens, and the chin is slightly lowered. Mark all your feelings at the same time.
- Try slightly shoot back and forth as a pendulum with a small amplitude. Find your balanced stable position.
When the correct position of the back is accepted, let the body relax in the pose. Before concentrating on breathing or other sensations in the present moment, walk through some parts of the body. It can be eyes, tongue, jaw, face, neck, shoulders, palm, chest, belly. Check all the changes in these parts of the body after you pay attention to them. Relax the jaw, the teeth should remain okay.
Your eyes you can keep open, semi-shot and closed. Most beginners will be easier to meditate with closed eyes, since the mind will not be distracted by external objects. But if you feel that your mind wanders with open eyes, and so you easier to keep vigilance, use this option.
3 basic rules in the pose sitting
- Direct spine and maintain balance.
- Hips are always higher than the knees.
- The body is relaxed and does not feel discomfort.
Now you are fulfillment and you can proceed to practice. Newbies to do it will be easier with the audio instrument of the instructor. The meditation audio files section are always available to you.
Do not postpone tomorrow, try now short meditations that can be performed anywhere and at any time.
Meditation conscious breathing. Simple practice for beginners.
Meditation to reduce stress. SOS practice, returns the mind into a calm clear state, reduces the voltage in the body.
You will find more audio guides here.
Good luck to you in your practice and remember: everything you practitioner becomes stronger! Your awareness is no exception!
Founder of the project ART OF BALANCE, Mindfolnes Coach, psychologist, popularizer of contemplative science "What you practice becomes stronger."
Meditation is a very useful practice. With her, we can concentrate on your body. And also to be cleaned and come to pacification. In addition, meditation allows us to gain awareness. And also become a calm person in all areas. Both inside and outside.
We will tell about how to meditate. What recommendations to stick during this process. And what to do.
To meditation needs to be prepared
To do this, use the following steps.
Find a quiet place in which you will meditate
It can be absolutely any. The main thing is that the place is calm, quiet and most cozy. If you find a similar one, it will affect you positively. For the reason you can fully meditate. You will not be distracted. And, at the same time, external stimuli will not disturb you.
In a quiet place you can meditate the infinite amount of time. Regardless of how much the session will last. A few minutes, half an hour or a few hours.
Meditate need in comfortable clothing
So that you can successfully meditate, put the most comfortable clothing as possible. She must comfortably sit at you. Do not subscribe, do not put pressure. And do not deliver discomfort.
During the meditation session you should not distract anything. If you are hot or cold in clothes, then it will negatively affect you. You will not be able to focus on the desired. And, as a result, the meditation session will be interrupted.
Decide how much time is planning to spend on meditation
Before you begin to meditate, you need to think over one moment. How much time you spend on this process. Specialists advise meditate regularly. A couple of times a day. Twenty minutes within one session.
However, beginners can be started with more short-term training. These meditation sessions are calculated for five minutes. Gradually, the duration of classes can be increasing.
Before you begin to meditate, you will need to stretch
Consider that before meditation, it is mandatory to settle. You have to sit in one pose for several tens of minutes. There is a high probability that because of this your muscles will be tense.
Get rid of the problem is very simple. You will need only stretch out before the session. Thanks to this, the muscles will not hurt. And you will be concentrated during meditation. Nothing will not distract you. As a result, you will enjoy the process.
During meditation, you need to take a comfortable position.
The most important thing during meditation is to be able to feel comfortable. You can achieve this in the event that you will sit in a convenient position. The one in which you will not fail the limbs. And the one that will give you pleasure.
We recommend paying attention to the so-called lotus pose. As part of it, you have to sit on the floor, pre-placing the pillow there. At the same time, it is important to have flexibility. If you do not have it, then the lotus posture is not suitable for you. Instead, it is recommended to choose other convenient positions. For the use of which you do not need to have additional agility skills.
You can meditate absolutely in any way.
If during meditation sitting you felt discomfort, then do not be discouraged. You can use an alternative way. Meditate standing or lying. This is also allowed.
During meditation, the back must be smooth
Regardless of which specifically, you will meditate, keep your back smoothly. Posture is very important. From it directly depends on the success of certain types of meditations.
After you find a comfortable position and straighten your back, act further. Close your eyes. And go to the main stage of meditation.
How should meditation be held?
During the meditation process, you need to act as follows.
You need to focus on your breath
Take advantage of a special technique. The so-called respiratory meditation. It is ideal for newcomers.
To do this, you need to find a special point that accommodated accuracy over the navel. And then focus on it. Mentally. Using mind.
Then, you need to start breathing. Do it in your pace. Cancel the air with full breasts. Do not attempt to accelerate or slow down your breath. It is necessary to breathe as much as possible.
Concentrate on breathing with a variety of types of images
Try to concentrate attention using a variety of types of images. As an example, you can imagine that a special coin is located right above your navel. She gradually moves up, then down. In the clock how you are breathing at the moment.
Alternatively, the coin can be imagined by a buoy. He should also move in different directions just like your breath. You can use absolutely any images. It is important that they are understandable to you. And so that you have the opportunity to easily reproduce them in your head.
During meditation, regularly repeat various mantras
Mantra also allows you to plunge into trance and remove perfectly. As part of this technique, you need to choose a specific phrase or word. And then repeat their infinite number of times. Until the mind becomes completely calm. And while the teenager will not be able to fully meditate.
If you are new, then take simple words. Repeat, for example: "silence", "peace", "calm". Also, you can take some syllables and start regularly stretching them.
Focus on the traditional object that is in front of you
Take advantage of any object that is near you. Try to be filled with various ways to them. So that the mind is busy exclusively by this object.
You can meditate in this way. It is important that the eyes during this process are open. And the object is located directly opposite you. You must fully concentrate on a specific object. In this case, you will feel a pacification. And get real pleasure from such activities. For beginners, meditation with a flame from the candle is ideal for beginners.
Take a visualization
Visualization will also have a positive effect on your condition. For the reason that you can transfer your focus inside yourself. And you can achieve the desired.
As part of the visualization, you need to imagine that right inside you are located as a relay place. In which you can close from problems. And do it all anything.
In this place you have to be located throughout the meditation process. As long as your mind calms down completely. And you will not feel a pacification.
It is important that the place you think was original. In no case should not repeat the different types of other places that you have seen in life. It must be completely unique and belong only to you. This action will allow you to achieve the desired. And fully focus on meditation.
Alternately focus on each part of your body
You will gradually need to work out each part of your body. And relax her. It is very important, while sitting in the maximum free position. And be relaxed.
You will need to close your eyes. And then start focusing on your own breathing. After that you will need to start moving the concentration on each part of your body. Relaxing it.
Starting recommended from the lower parts of the body. And then gradually move up. It is necessary to concentrate on each part of the body.
Meditation seems complicated only at first glance. When you try it, you will understand that it is very simple to achieve the desired. This requires only practice.
There is a huge number of different types of meditation. We recommend that you fully try each of them. Try to achieve a pacification. To determine which type of meditation is better. And determine it for yourself as a fundamental.
If you want to learn about meditation more, then read the specialized literature. It describes not only the advantages, features of meditation, but also detailed technicians. Thanks to them, you can improve your skills.
On the portal Vikids. You can:
Review related articles or write your own
Meditative technicians refer to Buddhist spiritual practices, but they often present elements characteristic of Indian yoga. The main goal of the process is to control the consciousness by internal discoveries and subsequent spiritual cleansing.
Why do you need meditation and how to meditate
Spiritual cleansing is nothing more than the elimination of our inner world of those thoughts and emotions that can become dangerous for both people personally and for others. If you want to learn how to meditate correctly, you need to understand one important thing: there are no magic or focus in meditative techniques. There is also no unconscious "trance states" with the popular "psychedelic effects". When a person learns to meditate, he gradually acquires control over his thoughts, emotions and actions, directing them to a creative, productive direction.
Our mind is designed so that it is sometimes very difficult to manage. It is difficult to immediately throw obsessive and unpleasant thoughts from the head, as well as the "sticky" frivolous songs from commercials. So, meditation needs people primarily for "brain unloading" and strengthening the nervous system:
- With it, you can remove the alarming and obsessive thoughts - including about the future;
- It helps to improve not only the spiritual, but also the physical condition of a person;
- Regularly meditating, a person learns to understand what he specifically wants to achieve and make decisions that help him go to achieve his goal.
Not by chance eastern wise men often compare the human mind with different animals. If you think about, for our mind, really, such definitions are suitable as "mad monkey", "wild bull" or "uncontrollable elephant". The task of the meditating is to pacify this recalcitrant animal, curb and settle it.
How to learn how to meditate
To learn how to meditate, a conscious approach consisting of several stages will help you:
- Take a solid solution;
- Select time and place;
- Take a convenient posture;
- Slide one of the simple but effective techniques.
The conscious decision making always helps a person to start action. He appears a goal that needs to be achieved - learn meditation. It doesn't even matter what sensations and doubts will visit you at first. The main thing is to remember that the more often you meditate, the more chances you do not just master those or other techniques, but also get rid of physical and mental problems.
The choice of time depends on what conditions you live. For an urban resident, the optimal time is an early morning when urban noise is minimal. Also fits the evening after the end of the working day. In the morning and in the evening it happens easier to concentrate and distract from the everyday fuss.
Time you are free to choose at your discretion. If possible, meditate daily gradually - for example, 5-10 minutes per day. Next, when you get into the process, increase the time of practice up to 20 minutes 2 times a day. In the future, you can master more complex techniques and enter the meditative state very quickly. Observe strict rules in this case, it is not worth it: each time individual biorhythms are produced, suitable for meditation.
Meditating Indian yogis are often depicted in the pictures in the lotus position. Not everyone can accept it, so you can master more easy postures, for example:
- Sitting on his knees, adjust the feet and go down on the heels;
- Just sit on a chair, straightening your back;
- Stand straight and smooth, straighten your shoulders.
The main thing is that during the practice of the back was smooth, and the situation is stable.
For beginners it is recommended to master one of the simplest meditatical techniques:
- close your eyes;
- Take a deep breath;
- Immediately imagine how all the negative thoughts and formations are smoothly go out of the head;
- breathe slowly and smoothly, controlling their breath;
- Focus on the idea of cleansing the mind;
- If you have an extraneous thoughts, try to get rid of them;
- Watch out for sensations;
- Concentrate on the movements of the abdomen and Ryube.
To control the time you can put a timer, and when it is silent, make some deep breathing movements and slowly open your eyes.
How to understand what you are meditating right
There are several skills, thanks to which you can realize that you go on the right track and do everything right:
- Breathing acquires a clear rhythm, becomes calm and deep;
- Pause between the entrance and exhalation are longer than in the usual state;
- Thoughts do not "jump", but as if "sailing" in the head, creating a feeling of inner calm and comfort;
- During meditation, anxiety and confusion will be leaving you, and after exiting the state, you become more resolute and collected;
- The body learns to relax. Soon you can meditate in any position, but even if the lotus position does not work out, you will acquire the skill of spiritual practices, being in any place and position;
- Ease appears in the body, it acquires "weightlessness", you almost do not feel it. Sometimes at first people note the opposite effect: they have a feeling of gravity in the body, which gradually passes, and the entire body is filled with a feeling of happiness and peace.
Using simple techniques, you can get closer to the true essence of meditation and understand it in practice. Of course, any novice faces difficulties, but you should not be disappointed: if you exercise regularly, you will certainly succeed.
Popular articles in the category: Didn't find required information? Ask a question manager
Why do not only Buddhists meditate? What do you feel during meditation? Be sure to sing "Ohm"? Is it true that you can achieve Nirvana? And cure radiculitis? Or at least take off stress ? Sit down in the lotus pose and read the answers to the main questions about meditation.
What is it?
The word "meditation" has many definitions. To speak briefly, it is an exercise for the psyche. And they are already more than 3000 years. People began to meditate to appeal to the gods (approximately as during prayer), but then the receptions from this practice were flowed into psychotherapy and alternative medicine.
Special respiratory technique and concentration immerse the meditating in an unusual condition: the body relaxes as if in a dream, but consciousness remains clear. Those who practice meditation have long been saying that during sessions the mind is cleared, problems go to the background, and a feeling appears Harmony with the world.
Is it really working?
Scientists confirmed that meditation makes us a lot of useful things: soothes, relieves stress, normalizes heart rhythm and pressure, improves memory and generally reduces mortality. And the point is not in divine help, but in our DNA.
In the 1980s, the Nobel Laureate Elizabeth Belbec found that at the ends of our chromosoma there is something like caps. Blackburn called them telomeres and found out: "caps" protect DNA as well as plastic tips protect the edges of the cords. Each time the cell is divided, should be divided and chromosome. Because of this, telomeres decrease, and in the end, they become so short that no longer protect the cell. The cell agrees and can no longer perform its functions. The shorter telomers, the worse the body is protected, and the higher the risk of various diseases: diabetes, obesity, alzheimer's disease, stroke.
In the 2000s, the blackburn found that the telomer size depends on the quantity Stress In a person's life: the higher it is, the less the chromosome is protected. People who live in the atmosphere of cruelty and violence, "protective caps" are always shorter. Sport, proper nutrition and support for loved ones, on the contrary, increases telomeres.
And here meditation? But both: in 2011 another study was published. Elizabeth proved that meditation is the most efficient way to restore telomers. Three-month-old course of spiritual practices increases the level of telomerase (enzyme that restores the telomere length) by 30%. "If you were told 10 years ago that I would explore the meditation, I would have decided that some of us two of us is," she said in an interview for New York Times.
Why does the meditation affect us?
The main hypothesis says that this practice removes a standard reaction to stress - Bay or Run. Most specialists believe that meditation is one of the best ways to rest and relaxation. During meditation, a person breathes slowly, rhythmic. It is completely relaxing and removed from unpleasant, heavy thoughts. Cardiac rhythm slows down, muscle tension leaves, the level of cortisol is reduced, sleep is improved - in general, the effects of stress are eliminated. And, since physical and mental health is closely connected, changes and character. Meditating people are less disturbing, easier tolerate life strikes and generally perceive life optimistic.
And that's for sure?
Professor psychology from the United States Richard Davidson proved that the body of a meditating person allocates more antibodies against the influenza virus.
The study of his colleagues from the Medical College Wisconsin showed that 20 minutes of meditation per day 2 times reduces the likelihood of stroke and heart attacks from cores.
Specialists of the American Medical Center Wake Forest proved that self-knowledge session by 20% reduce pain in patients not susceptible to painkillers.
Scientists from Yale University noted that meditation prevent a number of psychoneurological disorders. The fact is that she will slow down the work of the brain area responsible for self-analysis. Excessive reflection can provoke schizophrenia or dysmorphophobia - a disease in which a person is so afraid of badly look, which may not come out at all.
In general, meditation ceased to relate to alternative medicine and religion, and quite confidently moved into science. Even the British Mental Health Fund of Great Britain proposed to prescribe spiritual practices to people suffering from Depression . As they say, you can not be a Buddhist, but to meditate.
But research has critics. An American oncologist David Gorski believes that their results may be too important. "It's very easy to delusion," he says. - Nobel laureates can also be mistaken. " Blackburn itself sees the reason for such a reaction in the fact that meditation is still associated with esotericism and religion, and not with evidentia medicine.
I already run to meditate?
Wait, we have not yet talked about the dangers and side effects.
Yes, it happens. IN Meditation As in sports: ignorance of safety equipment will only harm health. If you have heart problems, you will not run the marathon. If you have problems with the psyche, you can not be engaged in spiritual practices without specialist control. For a person with depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or other mental illness, meditation can turn into exacerbation, psychosis or even attempted suicide.
Polls show that 60% of the meditating faced with unpleasant side effects: panic attacks or hallucinations.
In general, meditation is a proven and effective medicine, but not a panacea. Therefore, it is better to do it under the guidance of specialists, and on our own it is only the simplest and safest options. And before starting to meditate, it is better to explore "How to meditate. 7 novice tips " .