To calculate the plastic card on the Internet, it is sometimes necessary to use CVV2 / CVC2 / CID , that is, a bank card code. What is the bank card code, in which case it is used, where is on the map, what does it mean?
So, depending on the technologies used by Internet stores or other service providers on the Internet, when carrying out payment, the client is invited to introduce the main details of the card (card number
, validity period, embossed name), as well as additionally confirm its powers in one of the following ways:
- using a bank card code - CVV2, CVC2 or CID;
- Using technology: 3-D Secure; Verified by Visa (VBV), MasterCard Secure Code (MSC)
- Using Miraccept Technology (Miraccept), which allows you to go through full-fledged 3D secure authentication (Map "World").
Attention - Payment of purchase or services on the Internet using CVV2 / CVC2 code is carried out only in cases where the Internet store or another service provider does not support 3 D-Secure technology.
Each payment system that releases bank cards has its own card code name, except Maestro cards that do not have the code. Leading payment systems operating in the Russian market have the following bank card codes:
- At the Visa payment system - code CVV2. (full name - Card Verification Value 2);
- At the MasterCard payment system - code CVC2 (Full name - Card Verification Code 2);
- American Express system has a code CID (Full name - Card Identification);
- The world's payment system has a Miraccept technology code (Miraccept).
And if there is no code on the bank card? This may mean that such a map is not initially intended for payments on the Internet. In this case, for payments on the Internet, you must arrange another card. And in general, for security reasons - to pay online shopping on the Internet, it is best to have a separate card, and only the amount on which the specific payment will be issued on it will be taken to it.
On the World Maps, Internet payments are protected by my own Miracept (Miraccept) technology, which allows you to go through full-fledged 3D secure authentication. In addition, in the Mir payment system, the technology of mobile and Internet payments will be implemented in a short time - the 3D Secure version 2.0 protocol (which will be replaced by 3D Secure 1.0) the copyright holder of the new protocol 3D Secure version 2.0 is EMVCO (International Association for Standards in the field of electronic payment technologies), the partner of which from 2015 is the NSPK (the national system of payment cards of Russia)
The list of Maestro / Maestro cards are missing, this means that this payment system does not support online payments.
What is CVV2, CVC2, CID code, myiracheste
Code CVV2, CVC2, CID is an additional digital protective code that is also called the security code printed on the map, or the card sent in details (for example, for virtual maps is transmitted via an SMS code). Code printed on the map, replace or restore without reissue map is impossible.
CVV2, CVC2 or CID is a special bank card code that is used to authenticate the card issued by the Bank. In the event that there is no such code on your map, it is impossible to carry out operations on the payment of goods and services on the Internet.
The code CVV2 / CVC2. Printed on the back of the card, on the signature band, immediately after the card number, or after the last 4 digits of the card number. It always consists of three digits, and is not a continuation of the number of the bank card, i.e. This is an independent security element.
The code CID - Means the Card Identification Code. The code on the American Express map is applied to the front side and consists of a four-digit number on the right side of the card.
The code Miraccept (Miraccept) - This is a technology that ensures the security of payments on the Internet's Internet system. It consists of three digits, and is an independent element of protecting payments.
Digital protection code, which is sore (affixed) on a bank card, unlike a PIN code, can only be changed when the card reissue.
The table shows the security codes of individual payment systems operating in the Russian financial services market:
|Payment system||Name of safety code||Number of digits in code||Location on the map|
|Visa / visa||CVV2.||3||On the other side|
|MasterCard / Mastercard||CVC2||3||On the other side|
|American Express / American Express||CID||4||On the front side|
|PEACE||Miraccept Technology (Miraccept)||3||On the other side|
In some online stores in the customer filled, the payment form often costs a double filling value - CSC / CVV2. CSC (Card Security Code) is also the name of the Card Security Code, which is considered as a generalized name of all applicable codes. In other words, each payment system that releases bank cards has its own name CSC code (Card Security Code), so if you need to enter CSC, the code is entered, which is specified on your card. And yet, if there is a CSC / CVV2 record, you do not need to enter a personal PIN. CSC and PIN code are different codes. PIN
This is a secret card code that cannot be filling out in the forms of open access outside banking systems.
As determined by the presence of CVV2 / CVC2 / CID code, etc. on the bank card
The presence of CVV2 / CVC2 / CID code (security code) is determined as follows:
- on a classic map - Three-digit digital code (CVV2 / CVC2, etc.) is on the back of the map, four-digit (CID) - on the front side. If there is no code on the map - it means that the operation on the Internet is impossible on this map.
- virtual card which has no material carrier - 3 digital code is transmitted to the client to its mobile phone as an SMS message or reported on a special telephone. The client needs to be remembered and maintained in an inaccessible place for third parties.
Code accommodation on the map:
- CVV2 / CVC2 codes on Visa and MasterCard systems are a code set of 3 digits, which is placed on the back of the card on the signature lane or next to it. Sometimes this code is found on the front side of the card. So, for example, on the MC Virtual Alpha Bank cards, this code is placed on the front side of the card.
- CID Code on Americanexpress System Maps is a code set of 4 digits, which is placed on the front side of the card next to the map number, and is specified with small font. It is usually located above the last or first two digits of the card number (with the displacement of the other digits to the left or right).
- The code on the Mir payment system cards is a code set of 3 digits, which is placed on the back of the card below the magnetic strip.
About the location of the CVV2 / CVC2 code on the Visa and MasterCard bank card, very intelligibly depicted bank24.ru for its customers. (shown below). Such an explanation is acceptable for all bank cards of any bank.
The location of the secret code on the bank cards of individual payment systems:
- Map "Visa" - a three-digit number on the back of the card:
CVV2 Visa Cards
- Map "MasterCard" - a three-digit number on the back of the card:
CVC2 MasterCard Cards
- Map "Americanexpress" - a four-digit number on the front side of the card:
CID American Express Cards
- Map "Mir" - a three-digit number on the back of the card:
Miraccept Map Mir
The bank card code is used:
- To make payments on the Internet as a protective element during CNP transactions, when neither the card nor the holder is present during the operation. The code is used as an addition to the map number and the card validity period.
- When purchases not only on the Internet, but in other cases, when the magnetic bandwidth is not read (for example, when paying for purchases by phone, when you design an Imprintrier operation).
In addition, when working with online stores, you must remember that the field for entering this code on the site may be called differently:
- CVV2 / CVC2 / CID codes
- "Security code"
- Credit Card Identification Code
- SECURITY NUMBER
It should also be noted that the theft of this number has recently become increased, and therefore, separate payment systems began to use other technologies for the protection of CNP operations.
The procedure for payment of payment for purchases / services on the Internet using CVV2 / CVC2 code
CNP transaction using CVV2 / CVC2 code is carried out in the following order:
- Come on the website of the online store or other service provider on the Internet, choose a purchase or service;
- Make up payment, introducing the details of the cards that the online store requests;
- If the store requests CVV2 or CVC2 security code - enter this code specified on your card or communicated to you SMS message. If there is no CVV2 or CVC2 code on the classic card - the operation is impossible;
- Loading the result of the operation.
- Possible result on operation:
- If the code is entered correctly - the operation will be approved or rejected depending on the result of checking the remaining conditions that are checked when performing an operation on the card (adequacy of funds on the account, status and validity of the card, available limits of operations, etc.).
- If the code is entered incorrectly, on the online store page, it is not requested or the online store does not transmit code to the bank CVV2 / CVC2, the payment will be rejected. The correctness of the information entered includes a code entry requirement, the adequacy of the card account, the status of the map and the compliance of the payment carried out by the restrictions established by the Internet store or another service provider on the Internet.
Bank card - high-tech product. With it, it has long been allowed not only to take cash or pay for purchases in supermarkets, but also to make calculations online, including booking air tickets, hotels, pay for purchases in online stores.
Content: 1. What is CVV2 / CVC2 code on the map and where there is 2. What is the difference between CVV2 / CVC2 code from the PIN Card Code 3. Is it possible to make an online payment without security code? 4. About security when paying on the Internet
For spending operations on the network requires a minimum of information:
- Card number,
- The name of its owner,
- card expiry date,
- as well as CVV2 or CVC2 security code, acting as a map identifier.
Just about the last, or rather, about the role of CVV2 / CVC2 code when implementing online shopping and goes below.
What is CVV2 / CVC2 code on the map and where is
The Card Verification Value 2 (CVV2) identifier (CVV2) is used to indicate the passwords of the VISA payment system cards.
Other payment systems call it otherwise: MasterCard is CQV2 (Card Validation Code 2), American Express - CID (Card Identification). However, the general meaning does not change from this. So:
- CVV2 (Card Verification Value 2) - code on the Visa map,
- CVS2 (Card Validation Code 2) - Code of MasterCard,
- CID (Card Identification) - code for American Express.
Where is CVC2 / CVV2 code?
The secret code CVC2 (CVV2) consists of three digits, which is located on the back of the bank card, and, if more precisely, on the right side of the paper strip next to the supporting holder.
The code itself is needed only so that the seller of services or goods in online can identify the buyer's bank card for payment. But to confirm the expenditure operation, you will need another set of numbers - the same disposable password, which will go on the phone of the plastic bank card holder in the form of an SMS message.
What is the difference between CVV2 / CVC2 code from the PIN Card Card
What is important:
The three-digit CVV2 / CVC2 / CID code in no way is to be confused with a bank card PIN.
PIN is required to enter, for example, for carrying out operations in an ATM, when paying for purchases in a supermarket or in another regular store (not online).
About PIN Card Card Online In general, it makes no sense in general, for it simply does not need for purchases on the Internet. And if some site or supposedly employee of the bank still requires it to specify, know, these are fraudsters, to bind to which is not recommended.
In general, only with proven shops should be dealt with. It is desirable with those for holding online payments, special protective protocols use the destruction of all the information entrusted immediately after payment. Yes, with a frequent access to the resource services, enter the card data (not excluding the CVV2 / CVC2 / CID code) will have every time again. But the bank card itself will be safe in this case. And is it not the main thing?
Is it possible to make an online payment without security code?
Without a PIN code, it is impossible to carry out an expenditure operation through an ATM or terminal, and on the Internet there are service providers where you can pay without reference to CVV2 / CVC2 / CID code.
If there is no CVV2 / CVC2 / CID code on the card, then this may mean that the card is not intended to pay for purchases on the Internet. In this case, you need to contact the bank and there either change the map, or order a virtual bank card specifically designed to pay for purchases on the Internet.
In any case, the security code to pay for services on the Internet is necessary almost everywhere. An exception is, for example, "native" for the Internet Bank card. Here, it is not necessary to enter expenditure operations for additional information. It is enough to specify the password from SMS - and the bank will confirm the transaction at one time.
What is bad: any of the remote access banking systems does not cover the quarter of the online market. So, to conclude transactions with companies and stores that are not partners of the bank-issuer who has released a card, every time you have to lean solely at your own risk.
Although such risks can be reduced to a minimum. How? Well, for example, issued and attaching a virtual card with a limited limit to the main account. For Internet payments, this product is suitable perfect. After all, even if the fraudsters are able to compromise the virtual card information, while the main bank card will be safe.
Which of all this is concluded? Yes, the easiest.
About security when paying online
Let a special bank card identifier and is not a mandatory attribute for the use of the card, but for the implementation of rapid and secure payment of services on the Internet, it is still necessary.
The main thing is not to forget to observe elementary security measures that will help protect money on the map from third-party encroachments:
- The card, where it fell, not throwing.
- The PIN code does not call anyone and not to enter anywhere.
- The card itself in case of loss is blocked instantly.
- And yes, the advice on the design of a virtual card for payments on the Internet would also be good to use.
Also on the topic:
1) How to safely use bank cards on the Internet?
2) telephone fraud: call from the bank can leave without money on the map
In modern society, the bank card is the same inalienable attribute as a mobile phone or a civil passport - and the same multifunctional one. Today, with the help of bank plastics, you can not only pay for purchases or get cash at ATM - a list of its capabilities includes settlements on the Internet, booking tickets and hotels around the world, getting fast loans and much more.
The minimum of the necessary information for the implementation of settlement operations using debit or credit cards on the Internet includes:
- plastic number;
- the name of the card holder;
- period of its action;
- CVV2 or CVC2 identification code.
If the standard data on the card product and its owner does not cause any questions, then the definition and purpose of security codes are known not to everyone.
So, CVV2 and CVC2 codes - what is it, where are you and for what are used for?
CVV2 and CVC2 codes on the map: what they mean
- Card Verification Value 2 (CVV2) - This is an identification number (three numbers on the circulation of the card), which denotes passwords of the Visa payments of the international payment system.
- A similar number in MasterCard is indicated as C Ard Validation Code 2 (CVC2) .
- Payment service American Express uses an identifier CID (Card Identification) .
Where is the code on the bank card
The CVV2 identifier code (CVC2 / CID) is knocked out on the back of the plastic payment instrument - on the right side of the paper strip containing the owner's signature. The identifier is 3 digits necessary to verify plastic in the calculated operations. However, it is not enough to carry out. The card holder will need to confirm the purchase by the introduction of a special password sent by the SMS system.
CVV2 code (CVC2 / CID) and PIN: how to distinguish
The three-digit number CVV2 (CVC2 / CID) and the four-digit PIN card code are two completely different identifiers that cannot be confused.
The PIN code is necessary for the physical payment of purchases in outlets or receiving cash in ATMs. It is useless at online payments and is never required by Internet services. It is worth thinking if you are asked to specify the PIN code on any resource - most likely you are dealing with fraudsters.
Network payments are made using CVV2 (CVC2 / CID) and a disposable confirmation password. It is important to use the services of only verified services that conduct transactions through protective protocols and destroy all entered data immediately after the operation is confirmed. Despite the fact that when using the service, it will be reused again enter payment information, this approach ensures the safety of the card account.
How to pay for a purchase on the Internet without code identifier
If you can not use the plastic card without a PIN code in physical outlets, ATMs and terminals, then there are services on the Internet, ready to accept the payment without specifying CVV2 code (CVC2 / CID). For example, in the Internet banking system of the bank-issuer, you do not need to enter the full data - it is enough to specify a one-time SMS code. However, in most cases, the secret number of the identifier is required for online payment.
The lack of CVV2 code (CVC2 / CID) means that the card does not provide for the ability to use on the network. In order to activate the option, the cardholder will need to contact the Issuer Bank to replace it or open a virtual analogue specifically designed for online purchases.
A virtual card is a convenient solution for those who often pay products and services online. You can open it alone in the Personal Office of the Internet Bank user by setting the desired loan limit. The virtual account is attached to the main card account of the owner and at the same time reduces the risk of unauthorized access to the means, the size of which is limited by the established limit.
Given that any payment system supports only part of the Internet space, the use of a virtual analogue allows you to protect the plastic bank card and provides ample opportunities for cooperation with Internet services, regardless of whether they are the issuer's partners or not.
How to protect your money when paying on the Internet
Despite the fact that the presence of a secret code is not a decisive condition for using a bank card in the physical world, it is necessary for the implementation of online payments.
Plastic owner should be remembered for safety rules that will help prevent cash loss due to unauthorized access of third parties:
- Do not leave a card unattended in easily accessible places.
- No one call a PIN.
- As possible to block the card in case of its loss.
- Use a virtual analogue with a limited limit for online shopping.
If CVV2 codes information, CVC2 and they are located on the card, it was useful to you, share a link with others.
Shopping on the Internet is becoming more convenient and safer, but for those, it does it from time to time or for the first time, difficulties may arise. Usually, the card number and the duration of difficulties does not occur, and the most frequent question is CVV2 / CVC2 Card Code. What is a CVV2 code when it is applied and why is it needed? We understand!
How used CVV2 / CVC2
Conducting operations on the Internet is carried out through the banking system (even if you make an order in the online store). Like any bank, a virtual bank in the network will ask you to enter certain details to identify the payer, it is: the card number, the term of its action, the name of the owner, and also confirm its powers in one of the following ways:
- using a bank card code - CVV2 or CVC2;
- Using technology: 3-D Secure; Verified by Visa (VBV), MasterCard Secure Code (MSC).
Recently, both methods are often used simultaneously - you first enter the CVV2 or CVC2 code, and then you get an SMS message with a confirmation code 3D Secure.
What is CVV2 / CVC2 code
CVV2 or CVC2. - this is a special code bank card This is used to authenticate a card issued by the Bank. In the event that there is no such code on your map, it is impossible to carry out operations on the payment of goods and services on the Internet. Each payment system has its name for this code:
- Visa - CVV2 code (full name - Card Verification Value 2);
- MasterCard - CVC2 code (full name - Card Verification Code 2);
- American Express - CID code (full name - Card Identification).
Where to find CVV2 / CVC2 code on the map?
CVV2 / CVC2 code is applied to the reverse side of the card. On the lane for the signature, or slightly higher. Typically there are several digits, and you only need to enter the last 3 or 4 digits, usually they are arranged after the sign /
As determined by the CVV2 / CVC2 code
The presence of CVV2 / CVC2 code, which is considered to be the security code, is defined as follows:
on a classic map - Three-digit digital code CVV2 / CVC2 is on the back of the map. If there is no CVV2 / CVC2 code on the map - it means that the operation on the Internet is impossible for this card.
virtual card which has no material carrier - 3 digital code is transmitted to the client to its mobile phone as an SMS message or reported on a special telephone. The client needs to be remembered and maintained in an inaccessible place for third parties.
So, the bank card code is used to make payments on the Internet as a protective element when conducting CNP transactions, when neither the card nor the holder is present during the operation. CVV2 / CVC2 code is used as an addition to the map number and the validity period of the card. Recently, thefts of this number have become more frequent, and therefore, individual payment systems began to use other CNP operation technologies.
The procedure for payment of payment for purchases / services on the Internet using CVV2 / CVC2 code
CNP transaction using CVV2 / CVC2 code is carried out in the following order:
1. Come on the website of the online store or other service provider on the Internet, choose a purchase or service;
2. Register payment, introducing the details of the cards that the online store requests;
3. If the store requests CVV2 or CVC2 security code - enter this code specified on your card or communicated to you by the message. If there is no CVV2 or CVC2 code on the classic card - the operation is impossible;
4. Loading the result of the operation.
Possible result on operation:
If the code is entered correctly - The operation will be approved or rejected depending on the result of checking the remaining conditions that are checked when performing an operation on the card (adequacy of funds on the account, status and duration of the card, available limits of operations, etc.).
If the code is entered incorrectly , On the online store page, it is not requested or the online store does not transmit code to the bank CVV2 / CVC2, then the payment will be rejected.
The correctness of the information entered includes a code entry requirement, the adequacy of the card account, the status of the map and the compliance of the payment carried out by the restrictions established by the Internet store or another service provider on the Internet.